Thread: Kid is 16 right? (unmarked spoilers)

Kid is 16 right? (unmarked spoilers)

I bet CT on the PSX and in the anime ending, Lucca finds a baby with the pendent. That baby is Kid. And if CC takes place 20 years after the present era in CT, how can Kid be 16?
    Also, how did the world in CC change completly 20 years CT?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well I dont know about the time thing, but the world didnt completly change. The area in which CC takes place is just a small part of the world we knew in CT, and I believe it was created by fate. But I dont remember exactly.

The El Nido Islands of Chrono Cross didn't exist in Chrono Trigger. Fate created them and Fate was created in the timeline in which Lavos was already destroyed. Chrono Trigger Lavos isn't destroyed so there are no El Nido Islands.

So what you are saying is that CC took place many many years later after CT?

I remember seeing something about CC is not SUPPOSE to be a sequel to CT. Or at least, that's what Squaresoft says.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

From the back of the Chrono Cross CD case:

"Twenty years after the events of Chrono Trigger™, a new set of adventurers are preparing a battle that will surpass even space and time..."

THX. Now I have another question. How come I don't have all the CT tracks on my system file? I still have the same amount of songs as the default section.

strange...it says that the events of CC happened 20years after CT, but i read somewhere that it happened in 2009 (ten years after Serge drowned), which would be 1009 years after!
    and by the way, i thought kid was 14 :P
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Can I buy revivals so I can beat the robot in Chronopolis? Cause I'm stuck and I only have 2 revives.

actually there are only 3 revives in teh game, but only two of them you can find easily...

and no, you cannot buy them.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Well, I have 2 revives and a full revival and I can't beat the darn robot. I've been stuck on him for 2 weeks!

Originally posted by final boss
    Well, I have 2 revives and a full revival and I can't beat the darn robot. I've been stuck on him for 2 weeks!
    well, get LOTS of healing elements like HealAll. And equip your characters with weapons and armor that are AT LEAST Stone or Dendorite (same thing). And hit him with your best black elements first. After that, hit him with whatever element color the field is most. (if the field is 2 green and 1 whatever, hit with a green element).

and where the $#^^$%#$ did you get the full revival?

I got the full rivival in home world's Marbule. Talk to the guy at the entrance after doing the sidequest.
    Anyways, I beat the robot afew days ago. Now I'm stuck on (you guess it) Fate!
    And how come I didn't get any new songs on the music section in the extras of CT?

thanks for the full revival tip. Great, you beat the robot.
    as for FATE, he/she was pretty easy for me (they said FATE is female, but during battle it says FATE'S male). anyway, since FATE casts Diminish right away, that will half all element damage, so go for physical attacks. Occassionally cast a few non-black elements to keep from letting FATE turn teh field black. She will use her countdown attack, and when she reaches zero, she will use...was it DarkEnergy? i dont remember, but keep your health up when she gets close to zero. i recommend using only white elements, and green (since green is the number 2 healing color).
    and by the way, i used Fargo to steal from FATE, and he stole a HolyHealing, which heals your whole party by about 600-700. It's a level 6 element that can be put at least to level 4.