Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zanarkand? (SPOILERS)

Zanarkand? (SPOILERS)

This may get a bit confusing, so bear with me on this...

The ruined Zanarkand is on Spira, 1,000 years into the future, yeah?

Tidus' Zanarkand is a big city, but there doesn't seem to be anything beyond it. Surely, if the two Zanarkands are the same place, just at different times, the area around it would be the same, ie. Tidus would have lived in Spira. This would mean he would have known about places such as Mt. Gagazet and the Calm Lands, as these are very close by, but he doesn't. Are the two Zanarkands the same place, or is Tidus' Zanarkand on a different planet, completely isolated from anything else?

Here's another thing I thought of. During the Macalania kissing scene Tidus says he and Yuna could fly to his Zanarkand on the airship, but how can he if it's 1,000 years in the past?

Does this also mean that Sin can exist in two time zones at once?

im not gonna say that i know for sure but IMO they are on the same planet......... in a 1000 years many things can change. there are a couple holes in the storyline that i have noticed too though.

Darkness, when they say things like "We'll fly to your Zanarkand" It's wishful thinking. Neither Wakka or Lulu or anyone else for that matter knows for sure whether Tidus can get back or not.
    For the Zanarkand at the start of the game i guess since the Zanarkand was a dream noone would be able to leave it to get to mt Gagazet or the calm lands.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HANG ON FOR THIS!!

The Zanarkand that Tidus is from is fake It doesn't really exist.

The Faiths are People who are more on Less asleep and there dreems are real. Aeons are created from those dreams. Fake-Zanarkand was created simally.

The Real Zanarkand Got destroyed 1000 years ago, Sin's doing. Which is what Wakka was talking about The Fake Zanarkand is Later Damaged by Sin and is destroyed but that is at are present time.

The people of Fake-Zanarkand are also Dreams Tidus, Jecht, You name it none of them exist.

Tidus is brought out side his Zanarkand presumably the "Dreams" only know a bout what they see which is why Tidus constantly refers to Zanarkand and not the Planet. (Spira)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
    The Real Zanarkand Got destroyed 1000 years ago, Sin's doing. Which is what Wakka was talking about The Fake Zanarkand is Later Damaged by Sin and is destroyed but that is at are present time.
    The real Zanarkand wasn't destroyed because of Sin. I think there was a big war in Zanarkand, where Bevelle's forces were fighting against some other nation, which was using Machina. Zanarkand got destroyed in that war, and after the war (or during the late stages of the war), Sin appeared. People considered Sin to be a punishment for their sins and the use of Machina, so that's why they forbid the use of technology.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    The real Zanarkand wasn't destroyed because of Sin. I think there was a big war in Zanarkand, where Bevelle's forces were fighting against some other nation, which was using Machina. Zanarkand got destroyed in that war, and after the war (or during the late stages of the war), Sin appeared. People considered Sin to be a punishment for their sins and the use of Machina, so that's why they forbid the use of technology.
    You got it. Yu Yevon, ruler of Zanarkand, created Sin from the Fayths of Zanarkand's dead - kind of like the Aeons. Tidus' "Dream Zanarkand" is largely the same. Every time Sin is beaten by the Final Summoning in the real world, I believe it retreats into the Dream World while it recovers. This would explain how Seymour's mother and Jecht got to the real world.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Seymour's mother was from Zanarkand? I must of missed that one. When does she say she's from there? I don't recall it when you pick up Anima ... Is it in the PAL version?
    Too big.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When Seymour shows everyone the Zanarkand recreation, the first time you visit Guadosalam, he describes it thus:

"The great machina city, Zanarkand. She once lived in this metropolis."

Yuna then asks, "She who?" but gets no response.

Seymour's fairly obsessed with his mother, as we're shown in quite a few cut-scenes. I don't see who else he'd have been talking about but her. That could explain why Jyscal might've wanted to marry her - a true inhabitant of Zanarkand, with all kinds of wonderous experiences to tell of. That could be what broke down the barriers of Guado xenophobia... but that part is just my idle speculation.

If you want to see the FMV I mentioned, it's called "Metropolis" at the Sphere Theatre.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I thought he meant Yunalesca... Seems more logical to me because (SPOILER) she's from Zanarkand and she was the first summoner to defeat the first sin with her husband, the fayth that is detroyed in the chamber below Yunalesca. She's an undead who initiates the summoners into SIN and Seymour wants to be one with Sin to continue the death Spiral in Spira... The usual crazy villan theory. He seems to be aware of Yunalesca's existance

Seymour: Correct, Zanarkand...as it looked one thousand years ago. The great and
    wondrous machina city, Zanarkand. She once lived in this metropolis.

Yuna: She, who?

Later, an image of a woman appeared.

Yuna: Lady Yunalesca!

Seymour: She was the first person to defeat Sin and save the world from Sin
    source: Jalbrean
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 11-17-2003 at 10:48 AM.
    Too big.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I considered that too, but... I thought he'd have mentioned her by name, if that were the case. Every other woman he ever talked about was either Yuna or his mother. Could've been the reason she was able to become a Fayth relatively easily, too - she was much like an Aeon already, after all.
    Well, I've only played through FFX once, you've undoubtedly got a better memory for the details than I have. I'd not be too surprised if my guesses are completely off-target.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I remember a lot of useless stuff

EDIT well now that I thikn about it... Is it ONLY people from Zanarkand that can become fayths? I remember her saying something like she was replacing the other fayth that was before her and Seymour never forgave her for leaving him for her duty. So she became his first aeon to protect him from the Guados and the humans. She now figures it was a bad idea cause he's evil. But if she IS from Zanarkand then it could explain his twisted sense of Evil but he also makes reference to becoming Lord Zaon, Yunalesca's husband. He wants to be like them and have "their great love" or something to defeat sin.
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 11-17-2003 at 11:10 AM.
    Too big.

[q=eternalshiva]Is is ONLY people from Zanarkand that can become fayths?[/q]

Does this explain why the Bahamut fayth is in the opening sequence with the blitzball fans?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by eternalshiva
    I remember a lot of useless stuff

EDIT well now that I thikn about it... Is it ONLY people from Zanarkand that can become fayths? I remember her saying something like she was replacing the other fayth that was before her and Seymour never forgave her for leaving him for her duty. So she became his first aeon to protect him from the Guados and the humans. She now figures it was a bad idea cause he's evil. But if she IS from Zanarkand then it could explain his twisted sense of Evil but he also makes reference to becoming Lord Zaon, Yunalesca's husband. He wants to be like them and have "their great love" or something to defeat sin.
    I thought she said she chose to become a Fayth, so she could give strength and courage to her troubled, isolated son. However, once Seymour gained the power of Anima, he just got more greedy, and his worst attributes became more pronounced.

I think that all of the Fayths are people from Zanarkand; they all mention Zanarkand in some way (except Seymour's mum), and discuss growing tired of the vast eternal dream. I think they were all 'dreaming', as Fayths, for the thousand years since Zanarkand's fall. Their dreams gave life to the 'Old Zanarkand', Tidus' reality; and also to the individual Aeons. This's a power that would've taken a long time to develop; and besides, we know that they're all bound to Yu Yevon in some way - Yevon used the Fayths of Zanarkand to create Sin, and the dream that Tidus was born into was actually a recreation of the Zanarkand that Yevon once ruled. When Yevon was finally defeated, all of the Fayth could finally be sent, too. I think that some of their power comes directly from Yevon, and thus it seems logical that the Fayth are all former Zanarkand residents. This would also explain why everyone in Spira doesn't become a Fayth when they near the end of their lives. That place would be a real mess if everyone could summon Aeons dreamed up by their predecessors.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's a possibility, I won't argue with that. The Zanarkand that Tidus comes from only exists because of the fayth's dreams? Are they re-dreaming a new version of the destruction of Zanarkand to bring Tidus to Spira? that seems a little excessive. Jecht got there because of a storm right? And since (SPOILER) Jecht is the new sin, he went back in time to get his son to help and defeat him if I remember correctly... that's why Auron is there. It's not very clear. There are a few holes in the story I think.

Auron could of gotten there becaus (SPOILER) he is an undead and he managed to travel with Sin after he brought Yuna back to Besaid... I guess that would be the most logical thing. So are they even travelling in time or just dream walking the fayths?
    Too big.

well if Auron was able to teleport between the "dream zanarkand" becuz he was an undead, then wouldn't that make Tidus an undead too? seeing how he also time traveled, and same goes for jecht
    "whats the point of pretending to be all grown up.... if it means the things i wanna say never get said? How am i supposed to change anything?" -Tidus-FFX