Thread: Voice in the beginning

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Default Voice in the beginning

I recently picked up my FFVII and started playing it again because I suddenly had the biggest urge to play it. So, anyway, in the beginning, right before that scorpion boss, someone says to Cloud something like, "It's not just a reactor!". Who said that?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

*SPOILERS!!*

I think it's Cloud memory about his (or rather, Zack's) visit at the Mako Reactor with Sephiroth, five years prior to the game. There Sephiroth probably yelled something like "This isn't just a reactor!" when he saw those monsters inside. The Jenova cells inside Cloud make him see some weird visions every now and then.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I see... Well, I have another question, which has nothing to do with the original topic. What's the difference between the regular FFVII and the International version?

ah,thank you.i was just about to make a topic on this.Not only at that point am i confused about the voice,but also a great many times.At aeris's house you have somone saying ' i havent been in a bed like this sense...' it either clouds thoughts( i dought it,cause that means hes talking to himself),sephiroth or zack.At that point,and when he had fallen into the church,i belived it to be zacks voice.Sorta like his spirit...then it said 'in my veins courses the blood of the ancients.i am one of the rightful heirs to the planet'.you then think 'oh,its seph.'Is it both of them speaking?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Spoilers galore.

"I haven't been in a bed like this since..."
    I think that was the 'real Cloud' speaking. Underneath all the false memories, Cloud remembered that he hadn't been in a warm, comfortable family bed since he went to Nibelheim five years before, and visited his mother. After that, he only used the shabby beds in the Shinra Mansion, then he was captured and used for experiements until he and Zack escaped and went to Midgar.

When Cloud hears a voice saying "The blood of the Ancients courses through my veins... I am one of the rightful heirs to this Planet!", I think that's an early sign of the Jenova Reunion taking place. Sephiroth's trying to rake over the minds of the 'clones' by pretending that he's really someone they should be worshipping.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

When Kevin and I were playing for the first time and we saw the "This isn't just a reactor!" line, he immediately and earnestly exclaimed, "It's a SPACESHIP!" Comedy.