Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Execution!

Default Execution!

Whats with the execution site ambush battle? Its 9 on 5 for cryin' out loud! I get creamed everytime no matter what i do. Can i get some advice?
    I'm back bitches!!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Earn levels and more abilities. Summoners with the "Short Charge" ability are very useful in this battle. Also, the more sword skill abilities of Agrias' that you can learn, the better.
    Figaro Castle

Well thanks but Im already fightin as many random battles as i can i was hoping for more strategy oriented advice but thanks anyway.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Mustadio's Snipe abilities can be pretty useful if they hit. Agrias's Holy Sword skills can be good for medium-range attacks, especially if Stasis Sword manages to stop someone. And if you have a good knight or thief, you can use him to break or steal weapons, like... oh, let's say Gafgarion's. Gafgarion - sword = useless.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Well thanks for the advice, but ive actually decided to completly restart the game because i havent been strategic enough and i know i can do better if i restart
    I'm back bitches!!!

This is the same battle that stopped me the first time I played FFT. It's pretty difficult, I'll definitely give you that.

If I remember correctly, the team I beat him with was Ramza, Agrias, and an archer in my first squad, and my second squad was a lancer and a wizard.

It took me 2 tries. My party's average level is 16 at that time. I remember bringing a Black Chocobo and it helped me some how...can't remember...

Ah, I remember now. I flew and bite the Time Mage's heads off (with a knight on its back)

the next Shigeru Miamoto Destruction666's Avatar

Make Ramza a Ninja, give him Battle Skill, and battle
    boots. There is a very good chance that as soon as the
    battle begins Ramza will be able to run up to Gafgarion
    and break his sword and possibly do some damage too.
    also to the group you should put a Chemist. Since Ninja
    isn't exactly the pinnacle of self defence, Ramza will
    need the Hp boost's
    In the 2'nd team you should put Agrias and a Lancer
    with Ignorer Hight. Stasis sword (which ignors hight
    already) and the Lancer's Power + Ignore hight makes
    you able to attack the Time Mages and Kinght's on the
    top row much easier.
    “Home is where you can find a decent
    graveyard and strangers can disappear
    without awkward questions.”

The Best life philosophy: Don't worry about stuff

:shoot: death to the
    wild chocobos

I fought this battle about 30 times, and each time I didn't hardly get a look in.
    Trust me when I say go all out on the Time Mages first. I only did that once and it happened to be my winning battle. The rest is just going after whoever happens to be nearest. Gafgarion was actually the second to last enemy to die, followed by the archer furthest away from the start point.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

... I never had much trouble in this fight... I remember Ramza was a monk (Chakra, Revive and Earth Slash), and he had Guts...

I remember I used Agrias, Mustadio, a Lancer and a White Mage (with Short Charge).

I guess this fight is not so hard once you finish Gafgarion, so try to kill him as fast as you can

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

For the first couple chapters, I had Battle Boots on all of my characters.

This battle was incredibly hard for me too. It took me a while....you just really have to play your cards right. Use not just your strongest teammates but the most helpful as well. Make sure you can revive your units without having them knocked right back down again or disappear. Protect the weakest ones that can help out a lot. Ramza's abilities depend on what birthday you gave him-when I played through it first, he was born in June and turned out to be a great monk. Second time around he was born in Christmas and made an amazing Wizard. Whatever your birthday is, make the best use of your abilities. If doing a lot of random battles hasn't help to develop your abilities, then improvise.
    Heaven's Light, bring unto me your song
    Heaven's Holy gift, share it with others
    Wings of silence, wings of true gold
    The song of one's heart....the emotions of another...
    Are we destined to become one?

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

my strategy has always been to kill the time magi first, then Gafgarion, and so on.

i'll have 2 magi in my second party accompanying Mustiado who is usually a knight at this point, and would fry Magi on the upper level with whatever spells I have at that point while sending Mustiado upstairs to beat down wussy magic-losers.

agrias and ramza, meanwhile, are dealing with Gafgarion and the other two knights. I also place my strongest knight in this party as well since armor is good for this battle.

i make sure that everybody has the item ability and plenty of Phoenix Downs.

I just got to this battle and finished it. It took me an hour and 1/2 to beat it. I had in first squad ramza agrias and a summoner. Second was a lancer and white mage. I got lucky and stopped gaf at the start and broke his weapon. I killed him but I was taking lots of damage. Summoner was extreamly useful with fariy. My other party just ran like hell towards my first and we played defense from there. Time mages are the only healers so take them out fast.

I don't remember having too maky problems either. Definately kill the time mage first and be well leveled up and should be fine.