Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FF5 is the best ever.

What I think would have made FFV fun is having the Bare class completely erased after you get your first jobs.
    Signatures are for wimps?

I bought this game on saturday. The only problem I have with this game is random fights.

1. They're way too easy
    2. I get in them like every 10 seconds
    3. The fights yield little money and ability points.

The things I like about this game are...
    1. Job system
    2. music

I have only played up to the second town so I can't really judge plot, but I think the animation when Galuf slaps everyone was hilarious.
    I don't know how to dance.

FF5 battles arent as constant as FF1 ans 2's though. FF1+2 are just CRAZY!!! you take ONE step and you're already in battle!!!

I like the job system and I liked the music. I didn't like the random encounters because either the enemies were too hard or way too easy. Also I hated shopping in the game. All the towns should carry the same stuff after a certain point in the game. Phoenix downs and Ethers sucked because the cost so much I went broke nearly everytime I restocked. But eventually came the Movers enemy...
    I don't know how to dance.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFV is one of the great ones. I had a great time blasting through it a few years ago.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I beat this game...somehow. I had to use all my skill at the end because I made it there with only one tent and I had low levels and was screwed because going backwards to the actual world would have killed me(seriously I was that barfed up).

Awesome game.

I haven't finished it yet because I got up to a point where I realised I had been playing more snes games on my newly obtained PS2 than actual PS2 games. That and I lost interest in the game after too many random repetetive encounters.

Overall the game (plot, characters, dilogue etc) is really cheesy but that's what I liked most about it. Ooh and that little turtle guy. The job system was also really good. There are other much better FF's imho though.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    I beat this game...somehow. I had to use all my skill at the end because I made it there with only one tent and I had low levels and was screwed because going backwards to the actual world would have killed me(seriously I was that barfed up).

Awesome game.

Didn't you have Warp? You can Warp out of the (SPOILER)Cleft of Dimension.
    Signatures are for wimps?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

you have to get back to the dimensional castle to do so, though.

Guido is one of the best features in any game ever made. That damn turtle deserved to get into the NPC chapionship finals, dammit.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

[QUOTE=HOOTERS]I haven't finished it yet because I got up to a point where I realised I had been playing more snes games on my newly obtained PS2 than actual PS2 games.QUOTE]

1st Howd you get snes games on your ps2

2nd ff5 was probobly the best of the early ff's( i havent played 6 cause my rom craped up i this cave)the class/job system is great so is the whole mixing abilities and classes. but you only get 1 slot for abbilities thats gay.

Indeed it's one of the best FF games ever. Two great villians (Gilgamesh and X-Death, both with great music), the job-system (Bartz looks kinda silly in the Beastmaster outfit) also, three different worlds to explore. But it's hard, very hard. That's the only thing that really is stupid.

its not that hard but if you do get stuck your stuck for a while.

[QUOTE=AShadowsBlaze]
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOTERS
    I haven't finished it yet because I got up to a point where I realised I had been playing more snes games on my newly obtained PS2 than actual PS2 games.QUOTE]

1st Howd you get snes games on your ps2
    They re-released FFIV, FFV and FFVI for the playstation and I've been playing them on the PS2.