Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make your PS1 FF games LOOK BETTER and RUN FASTER

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

it's REALLY bad in Blood Omen. For one thing, any time you go to a menu (and you do this a lot because of the number of different weapons you'll need to equip/unequip) it takes about 5 seconds to load (no joke). Turning on fast loading seems like a given, but there's also so much dialogue in the game that any time characters stop and chat with each other, instead of something like "perhaps you should have thought of that ahead of time" you'll hear "perouldhaveoughtatheati".

My two friends got PS2, but both use different mod chips. I almost feel that one is using PS2-Alpha and the other is using PS2-Beta.

oh well, here's me getting excited by think ing i can improve the graphics on PS1 games, only to find out you need a PS2. , i spose i'll have to get one then

it's REALLY bad in Blood Omen. For one thing, any time you go to a menu (and you do this a lot because of the number of different weapons you'll need to equip/unequip) it takes about 5 seconds to load (no joke). Turning on fast loading seems like a given, but there's also so much dialogue in the game that any time characters stop and chat with each other, instead of something like "perhaps you should have thought of that ahead of time" you'll hear "perouldhaveoughtatheati".
    I had a similar experience with Clock Tower 2. The Characters would talk too fast, as if they were on fast forward.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan

The speed for those 3 games is just fine. I could care less. Tell me how to make Anthology run faster and I'll care.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Does anyone have a before and after picture that they could generously post?

Since I don't have it, I'm not sure whether or not Anthology supports the fast disc speed option.
    I've looked all over the net for comparison shots awhile back, but found none.
    "Someday I'll fly freely through the sky." ~Vaan