Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So! What do you think of the game so far?

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default So! What do you think of the game so far?

So far, I'm only at chapter two in the game and omfg this game is WAY harder than I thought it was going to be. The girly-ness in it is almost over-baring but that's how women are in Japan so, it's a culture thing. The outfits look GOOD and it's actually barely noticeable. *HA HA I made a punt!*

The Battle System! omfg I think I died twice the first time I tried it! I was just trying to find a healing potion but my arse got kicked in the minute I looked for the potion, the battle doesn't stop.

The story line SEEMS really simple... ok it is BUT all the side quests that I have seen so far are massive, bearly gives you any hints of anything, so you actually have to think through stuff instead of mindlessly pushing X. The new grids are cool, I have five of them so far and I like the fact that it restricts the number of Dress Spheres you can use.

The other thing I noticed is that this FF seems to have components from most of the FF! Class system, wait gauge (FF8) Abilities (FFT and FF9) AND there's a kid named SHINRA so it even has FF7 in it >.< '

The fighting is cool, you can actually get the girls to gang up on a guy and if your Stats are correct, you can attack all at the same time, my favorite is Yuna's Trigger happy where you have to press L1 OVER AND OVER and shoot the CRAP out of the monsters *giggle* that's so fun!

SO, this is what I about this game so far, I'm getting the collector's edition book thingny today and see where I am to *cough* see which of the five endings I'm going to get! WEE!

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 11-20-2003 at 10:29 AM.
    Too big.

I had issues when I tired to heal my characters too! I'm on chapter 4 now, and it's gotten a lot easier. I did have to stop in the middle of a mission and go level up for a while, because I was getting my butt kicked!!!

I love how humorous the storyline is. yes, its super-girly sometimes, but I like that- which is a cool surprise. The part with Isaaru in chapter one? omg. so great! I love the way the three girls interact with each other, even Paine gets into it!

Yeah, at first the storyline does seem really simple. You just kind of follow one active link to another at the beginning, but after one or two, you can stop and go anywhere you want, which opens up more hotspots and other side missions.

Battle system? Yes, please!!! So great. There's nothing better than killing a fiend just as its about to attack one of your characters! And the garment grids are challenging in that they do limit your choices as to what you can switch into during battle. I am using different grids for all three girls right now. And as the game goes on, I find myself noticing less and less the lack of clothing and getting more into the storyline. And in any case, I think that the girls look good! (if you got it, flaunt it, right?!)

The only thing I wondered about is for players that never got to see "The Eternal Calm" 15 minute movie. Because the game doesn't really get too far into WHY Yuna packed up and left. We know its because she saw the sphere that she thinks has Tidus on it, but I kind of wished there was a little more backround before jumping right into the story.

That's about it, so far! I am loving the game though!
    Train, train take us away... Far Away... To the future we will go...

The writings of a Kupo:moggie:

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by Kupo
    I love how humorous the storyline is. yes, its super-girly sometimes, but I like that- which is a cool surprise. The part with Isaaru in chapter one? omg. so great! I love the way the three girls interact with each other, even Paine gets into it!
    Yeah! that is super fun! Paine is so funny when she gets excited >.< I almost peed myself laughing with Isaaru, I SO did not expect that!

Yeah, at first the storyline does seem really simple. You just kind of follow one active link to another at the beginning, but after one or two, you can stop and go anywhere you want, which opens up more hotspots and other side missions.
    I didn't know that and ended up leaving the chapter and I missed tons of stuff *pouts*but I will get it next time around!

Battle system? Yes, please!!! So great. There's nothing better than killing a fiend just as its about to attack one of your characters!
    I that! Makes you want to shout out "I don't think so!" lol *dork*

And the garment grids are challenging in that they do limit your choices as to what you can switch into during battle. I am using different grids for all three girls right now.
    Yeah, I like that feature, it forces you to plan out your actions. You could really screw yourself if you don;t have a grid with enough nodes to put on a White mage >.<

Originally posted by Kupo The only thing I wondered about is for players that never got to see "The Eternal Calm" 15 minute movie. Because the game doesn't really get too far into WHY Yuna packed up and left. We know its because she saw the sphere that she thinks has Tidus on it, but I kind of wished there was a little more backround before jumping right into the story.
    Yeah, I feel the same way but you can buy the Playstation magazine and it's in there. Jalbrean knows more about it I think.
    Too big.

Originally posted by eternalshiva
    I didn't know that and ended up leaving the chapter and I missed tons of stuff *pouts*but I will get it next time around!
    Me too, I ended up going back around chapter 2 and redoing everything that I could for chapter 1 before moving on. I really like that you have the freedom to skip certain nonessential parts of the storyline if you want, but that it will cost you in the end (if you're going for the best ending!)

Yeah, I like that feature, it forces you to plan out your actions. You could really screw yourself if you don;t have a grid with enough nodes to put on a White mage >.<

Oh trust me, I was so screwed during a boss fight on Gagazet. I went to switch dress-spheres and I was like "WHAT?! Where's my black mage sphere?" and then I realized that I hadn't put it on anyone's grid because I thought other ones were more important. Not having all your abilities accessible can be hard, but it really makes you think.

Also, I love how frantic the battles are so far. Even though I know what I'm doing, I still try and hurry to lock in my commands before the fiends do- and sometimes I still end up hitting the wrong option of doing something else that I didn't mean to. I can't decide whether or not I like the craziness of the battles in X-2 better than the strategy of turn based battles in X, both are really cool!

I'm also very impressed by the amount of voice actors that returned for the sequel. I was expecting to hear some bad impressions of the secondary characters from FFX, but I've been really pleasantly surprised the whole time. Yeah for everyone coming back!

And finally, does Brother rock or what?! I love him more every time he says something! He's so funny! Next time I play FFX, I'm gonna pay more attention to that guy.

Thats it for now, I'm sure I will have more praise later

i like this game alot, but some of the things rikku and yuna say are so stupid. if it weren't for paine it would turn in to salor moon. i did notice it is alot harder, but i like it like that.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm only about 2 hours in, but I really like it so far.

The girly-ness in it is almost over-baring
    I feel embarrassed playing it on occasion. In FF7 the main character was a mercenary with a huge sword, now it's three girls who prance around and say girl-power one-liners. I wish they could've added one really badass character, like some guy who wears a cool mask because his face got messed up in a knife fight or something. The game is just very, very feminine, I wish they could've balanced it out a little.

The battlesystem is nice though, I had to take the animation off for changing jobs because it'd take like an hour to go from gunner to white mage.

The games alright, but if you're a guy, every now and then you have to check in your pants to make sure you still have your masculinity, grit your teeth and drive through the girl talk.

i think the game is awesome. the battle system is unbelieveable being able to stop an enemy mid attack is unreal. i like the 3d battle environment makes it more realistic. right now im at Zanarkand in chap 1. i dont like how every enemy gives u 1 ap so far makes it real hard to lev up. that is about the only complaint i have. i cant wait to get to the other chapters

Originally posted by Talus
    The games alright, but if you're a guy, every now and then you have to check in your pants to make sure you still have your masculinity, grit your teeth and drive through the girl talk.

Hehe... that made me giggle, and I'm sure youre not the only guy that feels that way :moggie:

I don't know how far you are into the game, but at least there are some hardcore secondary-storyline characters, right?

p.s- anyone figure out how to do the whistle-thing at the end of chapter three? I keep pushing the "O" button like I think I am supposed to... but I never see a whistling event.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

ROTFL you're supposed to push the X button after she speaks *Notably after she says "I'm all Alone" and three more times after that *4 in total* Just keep pushing X.

Originally posted by Talus
    I feel embarrassed playing it on occasion.
    I know the feeling! I feel like shutting it off sometimes cause they're just too girly.

I'm at Chapter 4 so far and I only have 54% of the game done o.O I am definately not going to be getting the best ending! lol
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 11-24-2003 at 04:13 PM.
    Too big.

I just checked my pants and I must have had my masculinity stolen from me because i'm all about the girl talk. The dialogue between the three female leads is beyond amusing. I don't think I've ever laughed or smiled this much in any other video game.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That's true ;p I have to agree that I haven't laughed this much in a long time! Good thing I'm a girl, I can check my mascunility at the door ROTFL aww that's lame.
    Too big.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

hhmm Im 82 hours in the game, only 89% complete.. beaten it 4 times still can't figure out the last 11%

Some of the mini-games are impossible to beat, like the ones in The thunder Plains, where u have to either hit buttons at certain times, memorize a pattern of flashing Objects ( Triangle, square, circle, X. ) The story sorta Splits everywhere and very annoying when u get pass 80+%

~~~::POSSIBLE SPOILER::~~~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    (SPOILER)To get 100% you HAVE TO play it twice, you dont have a choice.. when u first beat it after credits you get the option to play again, saving all abilities earned, all money + items, and all the story % you earned, however you dont get your lvl.
    also Just to help some people out so u dont get messed up like me and have to play it over and over again here is a key thing to do, some people most likely already know.

~~~::MAJOR SPOILER::~~~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    (SPOILER)When you beat Ixion and fall into the hole, after the Scene with shuin, Yuna will be in a dark place you can then control her for alittle bit then another scene comes up, while that scene is being played keep hitting the X button to activate a key event to get the "good ending" Note: this isnt the only event you have to do in order to get the good ending.

For the ending you'll get, I'm pretty sure this is accurate, but not everyone is perfect so it could be off.

Bad Ending - Get killed by shuin at the final battle ~ you lose :P

Sad Ending - After you beat shuin and yuna is in a field full of flowers, hit the X button. If your story % isn't high enough, or you haven't activated enough key events, you will get this ending. - After you activate this last event (pressing x in flower field) PyreFlies will fly behind yuna and a hologram of tidus will appear. Yuna will tell Tidus that its ok now, she's happy now knowing she can come see him whenever. Her final words are, "I love you." and she walks away.

Normal Ending - Basically says it itself, Just beat the game, you will always see this ending - There will be another Celebration just like in ffx only this time, yuna isn't not there, she's "on her way home" after the celebration, the scene turns to yuna, rikku, paine getting on the celcius (their airship) and they fly away, yuna will say "higher brother!!, Faster brother!!" Brother will say "ROoooOOoOOggGGERRRRR"

Happy Ending - Activate all key events (mostly things with Tidus and Yuna) or, get 90+% story lvl. - When you're in the flower field and you activate this, The faith that everyone know's will appear and ask you if you want to be reunited with tidus, you obviously say yes or u dont get this ending, and then the screen will go black. After about 5 seconds, you'll here birds and the ending to ffx will come where tidus swims up, Tidus will proceed to the beach at besaid. While he's walking there, the celcius appears in the sky and the hatch opens, and yuna will jump out of it. Yuna will run to tidus and hug him saying "Is it really you?" Tidus says: What do you think? yuna then hugs him tighter and says, its you. Then wakka a lulu appear with their baby and thats basically it.

Perfect Ending - This ending Includes the Normal ending, Happy ending, and itself the final ending. To unlock this, you must get 100% complete story lvl. This is almost impossible to get, but its POSSIBLE. I've had since the day it came out, that explains my 80+ hours on it, and im still not there, I can't Figure out the last 11% Im hoping I dont have to play all those minigames cause I just can't do them, physically. This one takes place after the happy ending, yuna and tidus are talking in zanarkand ruins. Yuna asks "how did u do it?" Tidus says, the faith aloud me to return, as long as we take care of eachother, otherwise i will vanish..Yuna says, did they really say that? *Tidus: Nope :P* yuna pushes him off the ledge and says "dont do that!!" Tidus, touching water, yuna finallly realizes its true, he came back, forever. (if he was still not real, he would have vanished hitting water) yuna jumps into the water with tidus and they hug, :THE END:

I'm planning on making a walkthrough soon, so if anyone has any tips or something please let me know ^^ although I know mostly everything :P
    Last edited by Khaotic; 11-25-2003 at 02:01 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

*off topic*

If you want to do a walkthrough, go to the Site Staff forum and put your name down for it. ;p I'm already working on the "STEPS TO THE PERFECT ENDING" guide, so don't bother with that. Do the walkthrough but I have the Perfect ending blurb covered
    Too big.

Originally posted by PyroStatiK
    Some of the mini-games are impossible to beat, like the ones in The thunder Plains, where u have to either hit buttons at certain times, memorize a pattern of flashing Objects ( Triangle, square, circle, X. )
    I tried the Thunder Plains mini game and it flipped me out into a manical rage. After failing several times I put the game down and came back at midnight that night, from midnight to 4:30am I tried the same tower (tower 7). I can't remember the last time I was that frustrated but I didn't want to spend that much time without getting anything done. After about 12 times of getting 29 out of 30 I realized the game got the best of me, curled myself into a ball, and cowered in the corner.