Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruby weapon: the laughing stock of all weapons

Default Ruby weapon: the laughing stock of all weapons

Well folks i spent countless hours facing off agianst one of the finest ff adversaries ever ..... or so I thought.
    I spent many sleepless nights fighting ruby and was about to destroy the the s.o.b when of course he used seris of brusing atackes which left me laying in a pool of blood in the golden sand around the golden saucer. I tried everything, wither going into battle with to characters already K.I.A. and summond pheonix to revive them that only made my struggle much longer than needed. for 2 years i hadnt played until i played it at my friends house where of course i was losing when my frinds little brother said he would bet 20 bucks that he could beat it in under 15 minutes. low and behold he cast hades paralyzed him and the just keeped on summoning Knights and miming it and beat him in under 7. i found out that this so called weapon was nothing more than a hoax, a joke. Dont get me wrong i had him on the ropes plenty of time he must of been around 300-400 hp and i enjoyed myself but after his easy i just cant think of him as highly as i thought.(sigh)

EXOSKELETAL

Articles

Umm. . . what?

Yeah, pretty much every victory is ensured with KoTR.

Default Re: Ruby weapon: the laughing stock of all weapons

Well, BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN, you of all people aren't allowed to say that Ruby is a joke. He managed to wup your butt so many times that you decided to just leave him alone. How can you laugh at an enemy that could kill you the 1st - 20th time you meet him 'till you found his weakness (then again you didn't actually find his weakness). When you manage to beat Ruby with another tactic, besides using Hades which was taught to you, repeatedly then you can come back here and laugh at him.
    Hey

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Try beating him without summon materia, and you'll see how much of a joke he is.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

The weapons aren't really that difficult.

If you're having trouble on ruby weapon, Unlimited Indalecio in Universe Mode of Star Ocean would make you cry.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Or about every-other fight in FFT.

yea i did i beat him last night but agian i did use a summon i did KoRT with a hp absorb and just mimed it.
    so ccan i call him a joke now?

EXOSKELETAL

and besides i was only saying that i felt cheap beating him with hades and thought i would express my guilt.

EXOSKELETAL

You probably shouldn't double post, there's that handy little "edit/delete" button which can be used instead.

The key to beating Ruby weapon for me was summoning Hades and casting Mighty/Big Guard(A life saver when he occasionally casts Ultima). Of course, once he is paralyzed it's Knights of the Round time.

I can't imagine how hard it would be to fight Ruby Weapon without Hades. I managed to defeat Emerald without any great summon(ie. Knights of the Round, the chocobo breeding was too annoying), but it took me like an hour to do.

as for me, i W-summoned Hades AND KOTR and mimed all the way.

and against Emerald, i W-summoned KOTR and Phoenix (just to prove i can beat all the weapons without Final Attack) and mimed all teh way.

and just so that i can know, what boss is that in your sig? looks interesting, i might buy FF10 if they still sell it.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

KotR without Hades doesn't work. His Ultima retalliation to KotR did way too much damage. I then tried Limit Breaks (Cid's and Cloud final Breaks), but found those barely did any damage at all. After trying everything, patience won out and it took me the longest time.
    Last edited by Lost; 11-25-2003 at 07:28 AM.
    Hey

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Pfft. You people wouldn't survive without KotR or Hades.:rolleyes2

how much you wanna bet?

To the Cids Knights: is gambling allowed in these forums?
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Articles

Maybe it's just me and that I'm going about it all wrong, but it seems like Hades doesn't do me much good. I'd use Hades, and then I'd be able to cast Knights of the Round once before Ruby Weapon was back to playing ragdoll with me.

I'd make progress, but I've yet to beat the guy.