Thread: ePSXe issues

Default ePSXe issues

I'm trying to play Tactics using ePSXe on my HP laptop. Trouble is, the game is accelerated. Normally I would think about slowing down the video fps, but the audio is accelerated too and I don't know how to slow it down. Any suggestions?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is the frame rate set to 60 fps in the video plugin, and is the sound still fast when it's set as such? FFT was one of the few games I found emulated perfectly for me
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Yeah, I set the frame rate to 60 fps, and the sound rate is still fast. Is my processor too fast (P4M 1.8 GHz)?
    Last edited by -N-; 11-30-2003 at 12:28 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shouldn't be a problem. What video and sound plugins you using? I'd recommend Pete's for GPU and PeOPs or Eternal for sound. You might want to turn off the "vary audio pitch with speed" or whatever in the sound plugin too to stop it fluctuating with the emulator speed if that's a problem too.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Okay, here's what I did to fix it. I ran it in window mode instead of full screen, and at 640x480. I removed the FPS limit and it seemed to work fine... odd, I suppose, but whatever works works. Yeah, I'm using Pete's plugins.

A still existing minor annoyance is that the scrolling text is somewhat loud - although that is probably due to the speaker setup.