Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like this is going to be another skimpily dressed game

Default Looks like this is going to be another skimpily dressed game

In fact in the interview they had with the developers they even mentioned how little clothing some of the characters seemed to be wearing.

Lol, think how revealing some of the characters for PS3 games will be if they are doing this kind of thing for PS2.

Lol, I know, instead of having all these half naked beach babes and boys in their games. They need to start having their characters looking like overweight heart attack waiting to happen lazy bumbs.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Lets see... was there an FF game where everyone, regardless of grapics, was covered completly? If there was, I must have missed it.

And yes, i really would like to see a game where I can play some out of shape guy who cant do a damn thing because he cant move around for long without a breather.

Wait.. no, I wouldnt.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

*shrugs* What do you expect? They want to have attractive people as characters (or at least predominantly). It's only sensible, really. I don't see the big deal.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

lol, i know. It was funny in ff10 though when not only were the characters made to be attractive. But some of the female characters were wearing bikinni underwear as pants.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

No, I don't think so.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

If you're talkin' about X-2, then yes, Rikku does wear bikini underwear. You can see it comin' out from that 'skirt', if you can call such a small piece of clothing a skirt. Either way, it's rather disturbing, and in no way funny.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

What about all the SNES sprites wearing oufits that looked like bathing suits? Like I said, it's no different, just more detailed because the graphics are better.

Actually I was talking about the first ff10. And one of the main ones I recall who they designed to which it seemed below the waist she had a very skimpy type of underwear on and not much else (it was one of the other summonder's on her pilgramage along with Yuna(though I can't recall her name)). And again at the very end their was a character who had what looked like a bikinni as a uniform.

Abominatrix maybe even with the older games they tried with the best of their ability to add in alot of physical beauty to the characters. That is allright. The problem arrives when they go beyond showing good looking characters and start promoting sex symbols.

When they begin displaying kinky underwear on their characters either all the way or even partially they are no longer trying to display just good graphics. At that point they are obviously trying to turn the characters they made into sexual objects.

And I feel that since these developers know that extremely young children will be getting their hands on these games. They need to quit focusing in on which methods will bring in the most cash. And start focusing in on maintaining a certain level of morality in their games.

Showing signs of sex in video games is alot worse than showing blood and guts and killing in video games I think. Because when people show characters getting shot in a game they know that is fake and they know it is something they would never actually do. But sex is something that everyone wants to do and at some point will do. And it is something that children will have a more difficult time separating from the real world. And they will begin viewing women and people in general as what they saw in the video game.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Violence is better than sex? Sure.

And Dona, the character to whom you're referring, wears a dress. "Not much else," huh?

yeah sex is worse than violence in a video game. Because when you see violence you can brush it off as just a game. But can you really brush off signs of sex in it as just being a game.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Sounds like just lame whining to me. No offense, but it does. Everyone's going on and on about everything, we nit pick every little thing to death. Who cares if they're scantily clad? I sure don't. And the people that do... well, then just don't play the games.

How did they try to add a lot of 'physical beauty'? So if Rikku was dressed the same way as she is in X-2, yet in FFVI style graphics, it would just be an effort to add beauty, not sex? That doesnt make sense to me. FF characters from the very beginning have worn next to nothing. Lenna's (Reina, whatever) sprite. Adult Rydia's sprite. Terra. Celes. All their clothes were like bathing suits, yet when a character in better graphics does the same, it's whorish and Square is trying to work sex into the games. That just makes no sense. What about Kidd in CC? Or Tifa? Or Selphie? Or Ayla from CT? What about all these barely dressed characters. Why is it a big deal now if it wasnt then?

Sex is everywhere in our society. Personally, if you cant look at a cartoon or video game character as just that, and you're reading to much into them and whatnot, you made need to step away from the PS2 and go watch real half-naked women gyrate.

Edit: and besides, you think this is bad? Japan is a very open society. They have specific hotels for discreet sexual encounters, and vending machines that dispense used panties, to name a few things. These games we get over here are pretty tame.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Score one for Ash.

maybe they are tame by japanese standards. But does that necessarily make it ok for them to do it.

Yes sex is everywhere in society. And that is why there are so many unwanted pregnanies, so many unwanted children, so many sexually transmitted diseases, so many failing marriages, and so many marriages who have already failed. And the way they are making the video games it just throws younger and younger children into the fire before they even have a chance to be shown what they should go after and what they should stay away from.

Maybe your morals aren't extremely high Abominatrix and you don't think there is anything wrong with them creating characters in games who show off their underwear (saying it is just the way society is) and then sale those games to 10 year olds.

And also Abominatrix, back in the old days they did not have the ability to really show anything other than a little deformed character so they did not really have the ability to show off any of their characters. So therefore even if they tried to make Rikku back then in a little sprite character they would not have been able to add any detail so the whole sprite thing doesn't add up.

But now they do have the ability to show off their characters and they seem to be trying to go the distance and then some to do it.

And there is nothing wrong with the way they made Kid, or anybody else from CC or any of the other characters you mentioned. Because the difference between them and some of the PS2 characters is they were never showing any undergarments. Rikku and many of the other characters from the games they are making an obvious effort to show off those parts.

So that is why it seems they are trying to turn those characters into sexual objects.

They could design their characters to be just like Kidd, or somebody else. But they are taking it one step further than that. And they need to take into account who is playing these games before they add in that extra step.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by darkchrono
    maybe they are tame by japanese standards. But does that necessarily make it ok for them to do it.

Yes sex is everywhere in society. And that is why there are so many unwanted pregnanies, so many unwanted children, so many sexually transmitted diseases, so many failing marriages, and so many marriages who have already failed. And the way they are making the video games it just throws younger and younger children into the fire before they even have a chance to be shown what they should go after and what they should stay away from.
    So video games are the reason for all of this? No, it isnt. If you cant handle a video game or a movie or whatever sexual things society puts out, then you need to put these things into context. I'd say the images on Mtv are more worrisome than video games, especially RPGs, which are not the most popular format among young gamers, and most young females do not play video games.

Edit: And the reason all these things go down is because people refuse to take responsibilty. These people choose to have sex, Yuna isnt making them. No one is making them.

I suppose video games are the reason places like Soddom, Gahmora (I know I butchered those), and ancient Rome were so overly sexual, eh?

Maybe your morals aren't extremely high Abominatrix and you don't think there is anything wrong with them creating characters in games who show off their underwear (saying it is just the way society is) and then sale those games to 10 year olds.
    Do NOT question my morals because I dont get into a fury over stupid things like this. I am a 20 year old virgin, and a religious person. Regardless, my morals are none of your business. You're freaking out over something that's, to be honest, just stupid. Shouldnt you be worried more about Britney Spears showing her boobs to 10 years old than this? If you have problems with 10 year olds doing something, then when you have kids, watch them. For your information, I was watching Mtv, rated R movies, and all sorts of things from a very young age. But my parents taught me better, that these things are not role models. Video games and tv are not there to raise kids. They're there as entertainment. If you cant take it as that, that's your fault.

And also Abominatrix, back in the old days they did not have the ability to really show anything other than a little deformed character so they did not really have the ability to show off any of their characters. So therefore even if they tried to make Rikku back then in a little sprite character they would not have been able to add any detail so the whole sprite thing doesn't add up.
    They didnt have the ability to show off their characters? Uh huh. So I couldnt tell Rydia was showing things off, I couldnt tell that the dancers in IV were scantily clad? I really dont think so. Not to mention that sounds incredibly hypocritical.

But now they do have the ability to show off their characters and they seem to be trying to go the distance and then some to do it.

And there is nothing wrong with the way they made Kid, or anybody else from CC or any of the other characters you mentioned. Because the difference between them and some of the PS2 characters is they were never showing any undergarments. Rikku and many of the other characters from the games they are making an obvious effort to show off those parts.

So that is why it seems they are trying to turn those characters into sexual objects.

They could design their characters to be just like Kidd, or somebody else. But they are taking it one step further than that. And they need to take into account who is playing these games before they add in that extra step.
    I think you're just making a big deal out of nothing. As I said, if you cant play a game without thinking these make believe characters are sexual objects, you need help. Kidd revealed plenty, as did all these characters. I think you just need something to get your panties in a bunch over something.

yeah it isn't the most important thing. And your right that Britney Spears is alot more to worry about than Rikku. (But thankfully it looks like she is beginning to lose alot of popularity).

But one thing these things in video games does show. And which is why I am making a deal out of it. Is because it does show how far down into the gutter alot of society is beginning to go these days. Them doing this to video game characters is just another symbolism of it. And if you want to try to turn things around video games should be one of the first places to start. Because it is one of the areas where you can reach and impact children the earliest. As alot of 10-11 year olds will not be interested in alot of teenage hobbies. But they will be interested in video games.