Thread: Yojimbo please help.

Default Yojimbo please help.

Cant beat Yojimbo...any suggestions on how to beat him? What level were you at? please HELP
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yojimbo?

I don;t remeber what level I was at, but he was hard. I had Rikku as an Alchemist making some mega potions the entire time, Paine as a Dark Night and Yuna as a Dark knight.

Just keep wacking at him until he eats it, make sure Rikku heals you every turn. oh, and a curseproof armor helps a huge amount.
    Too big.

hey thanks, still cant beat him, Im around the level of 40, and I have yuna as a alchemist...apparently...it seems I do better without the use of magic and just pound him to death..I nearly got him, I was like 1000 HP away from beating him.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You could also make sure the garment grids you use have a high MAG DEF and DEF and equip bracelets that add HP like Diamond Bracer and stuff.

Rikku seems better at Alchemist, Yuna and Paine as black knights and use Darkness each turn. Rikku on Mix Potion + Hi-Potion each turn, you should get him evantually. Don't bother with white magic, its too slow. Equip a Haste Bangle on Rikku so she can cast HASTE on the party so you can heal and attack faster than Yojimbo ;p
    Too big.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yojimbo was a push over. I had Paine as a Dark Knight, Yuna as a Berserker, and Rikku as an Alchemist. I just had Paine use Darkness over and over, and Rikku mixed potion + high potion every other turn. At the start of the battle I put Yuna in Berserk mode, but once that wore off I just had her attack. The most damage Yojimbo did to me was maybe 200 from his doggy. He only did Zanmato once.

Paine was at the highest level, 35, Rikku and Yuna were at 34.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

i had yuna as gunner and rikku as berserker, pain as a warior. if yuna learned trigure happy lv3 have her do that alot and have rikku do as many mad rush as possible if they keep mising just be rserk her. pain should use excalibur or just have her atack. heal ocasionaly and pound the hel out of him.

i was lv 40 - 45 wen i got to him i believe maybve 50.
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer

Hmm... I think my part was Yuna as Samurai, Rikku as Berserker and Paine as Warrior... You just need to keep attacking. What I did was when he charges to attack, I kept one character on standby in case he does Zanmato. If he does, I threw a high potion (mega potions are better but i didn't have that many) and everyone tossed up potions for a round and then I continued. I think I was around level 35 or 40.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

give one of the characters the haste bangle and another one the regen and protect bangle. while the latter busts out the potions, the other one can start kicking ass. that's what i did and it worked.

Also, if you watch Yojimbo, you will be able to tell before he does Zanmato because he will hold up one finger for a little while. Just get ready to toss a mega-potion and time it for right after he executes his zanmato attack :moggie:
    Train, train take us away... Far Away... To the future we will go...

The writings of a Kupo:moggie:

he holds up his finger for all attacks, and wakizashi and zanmoto take the same length of time to charge.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

The first time I went through, I never had suport from Alchemist, so here's what I did (BTW, I have it now, so don't bother giving directions.)

I had Rikku go to her Special Dressphere, and whack away with Vajra. I tried to have them in haste, so any time I had a couple, I MP Repaired to recover from Zanmato's other lovely effect, and used Booster. Most importantly, though, is that you MUST have at least one "arm" healing Rikku at all times, ESPECIALLY if it's been a while since his last Zanmato. GRANTED, this strategy relies a LOT on luck, that's how I did it. And my levels were pretty low, so....

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!