Thread: Lucrecia (SPOILERS)

Default Lucrecia (SPOILERS)

I hope this hasn't been discussed before, but I'd just like to clarify some things about her.

We meet her in the cave behind the waterfall, and we see some flashbacks from the past. Then she says something about how the Jenova cells in her wouldn't let her die despite the fact that she really wanted to.

Does this mean that she was already dead but because of the Jenova cells, she could not return to the Lifestream, or does it simply mean that she wants to die but the Jenova cells have been keeping her alive all this time?

Thanks for your time and I really hope you can shed some light on this. :mog:

I think she means her time to die has passed, but because of the Jenova cells she was unable to physically leave this world. That is why she appears only when you have Vincent in you party, because she is, in essence, a ghost of some description.

She only appears with Vincent in you party because otherwise that Chao attack would be pretty useless.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

I always pictured it diffrently.I think she couldnt die because of old age,so she was eternally young,and i dont think she could die,for like Jenova,she would just return again(or perhaps she cannot die because of a physical attack).This makes her imortal.As far as Vincent being in your party to see Lucretia,i think she was perhaps waiting for a familyer face so that she could come out.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Personally, I remember something in the game that makes me think that Lucrecia is how Jenova was able to wake up, by the way of the cells placed in her body. I can't remember what it was in the game though.

Everyone looses there heart somewhere along the long path of life. I simply guard those hearts until the lost can find them again.

Lucrecea--What's with that girl
    I always like it when something in a game is only possible to figure out when you think about it a bit. Lucrecea's story is a good example, so here is what I have pieced together. You can completely ignore this post, I'm going to be explaining what I have deduced about Vincent and Lucrecea's origins as well as answering my idea about the question at hand. I'll try to keep it short, so don't blame me if I downplay some major scenes

Lucrecea was working with Hojo in Nibelheim. Vincent, as a turk was sent there also to keep an eye on Hojo. Vincent and Hojo both loved Lucrecea. Vincent proposed to Lucrecea, but she refused because she was in love with Hojo. When Lucrecea became pregnant with Hojo's child, Hojo saw it as an opertunity to see what effect Jenova cells would have upon an unborn baby. Vincent tried to convince her not to do it, but she refused. Her love was so great for Hojo she was going to be his human experiment. Well the plan was a success and a failure. The baby was born, and named Sephiroth (and we all know how that kid turned out), but Lucrecea supposedly died during childbirth (I think they said that part) . Vincent was very very angry and tried to attack Hojo, but Hojo simply saw this as another opertunity to have an experiment and injected Vincent with Jenova Cells.

This is where I get to the question at hand. I'll point out a few facts:

1) Vincent, Sephiroth, and Lucrecea were all injected with Jenova cells (we'll ignore the other people for now)

2) Vincent, Sephiroth and Lucrecea do not seem to age at all from the flashbacks we see to the present day

3) Vincent and Sephiroth are basicly "rock 'ard" and almost invincible. (for Vincent i'm mainly referring to the whole sleeping in a coffin deal)

4) When we see Lucrecea, it is made clear that she wishes to "leave this world" but can't

Phew, so it is my opinion that Lucrecea is alive and could not age nor take her own life because the Jenova cells in her body were keeping her alive. She clearly wishes to die however. When Vincent does go to see her he tells her that her son is dead. The reason for this is usually assumed to be because Vincent wishes to spare her feelings (rather than telling her that her son had gone insane and was trying to kill everyone.) Upon hearing this, Lucrecea disappears. I think that Lucrecea was sort of, like, keeping herself alive just to find out what happened to her child. Once she found out, she could finally rest in piece.

What a long post to say so very little
    --Cal
    --Cal

Thank you Cal. Now everyone, theres your explanation, so...go to sleep.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Just like to point out, my post above wasn't scripture. It was just my ideas. FFVII is open to a lot of interpretation.

Wow, my first short post. I'm so proud

--Cal
    --Cal

Cal,your first post makes me believe something totaly diffrent from what I origanaly thought.Perhaps she is a spirit or some sort.If this was true,she would have died at an early age,or because of the Jenova cells she wouldnt have aged even if she lived out her life.And,if she was a spirit,she would have come out or shown herself when vincent is there...hmm...all these ideas...

Mercenary

Small correction: there's nothing to suggest Vincent ever has/had Jenova cells in him.

yes,but it is said that he was genetically/scientifically altered(i cant rightly rememebr,my disks no longer work so i cant play it).

Mercenary

Hojo injected him with genetic enhancers. Hojo is obsessed with Jenova cells. No other genetic enhancer was ever mentioned. Thus, we hypothesize that Vincent was injected with Jenova cells.