Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a few simple ?'s for some FF6 masters

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Default a few simple ?'s for some FF6 masters

I'm almost finished with my first run through the game and I want to make sure I didn't leave anything worth doing out.

1: If I didn't get the summons at the auction house in the WoB can I still go there and get them?

2:is there a way to get Odin & Raiden?

3:If I was stupid and didn't wait for Shadow can I still get him, or am I screwed?

4: Where can I find an Atma weapon?

5: what is the best armor/weapons/recilcs/etc available for:

Edgar
    Terra
    Celes
    Sabin

and is there any special endings??

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

1: I think you can, but I'm not sure

2: No, Raiden and Odin are the same Esper, you can't get them both

3: No, You're screwed

4: You can get two Atma Weapons in the game... One in that cave to the Sealed Gate, and you can steal a second one in the 3rd stage of the Final Boss

5: Weapons and Armor: Give them the best stuff you might have... Minerva, Atma Weapon, Ragnarok, Gengi Shield, Thornlet...
    Give the Gem Box and a Economizer to your best mage, and a Gengi Glove and the Offering to your best fighter

And No, there are no special ending, but you can see more cutscenes depending on how much characters you got...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

1. Yes.

5. Some more good stuff includes the Aegis Sheild, Genji Armor, Illumina and Tiger Fangs. 3 out of 4 characters that you have use swords, so make sure you get the best. Since you don't have the Atma Weapon, you can still pick up the Ragnarok assuming you didn't already get the esper instead. You can trade that at the colloseum for the Illumina if you want. Aura Lance is more powerful than Scimitar so you may want to put that on Edgar since he can use lances. That way you only need 3 good swords (one guy with a Genji Glove). Excalibur is another decent sword you can use.

Have fun.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

1: If I didn't get the summons at the auction house in the WoB can I still go there and get them?
    No. Golem and Zoneseek are only sold in the WoB.

No. Odin changes to Raiden, so there's no way to get more than one.

3:If I was stupid and didn't wait for Shadow can I still get him, or am I screwed?
    Sorry, you're screwed.

In the Cave to the Sealed Gate (WoB), somewhat near the end of it, there's a platform with switches on it. Press the correct switch, and you'll hear a distant sound, which is a door opening. Through the door is a tiny room with the Atma Weapon and three pieces of Magicite--that's the use-as-item-to-call-random-esper magicite, not magicite you can equip and learn from.

I have also heard that if you don't get that Atma Weapon, you can get a Dirk and bet it at the Coliseum for a slightly more powerful weapon, then keep betting up, and eventually you'll get the Atma Weapon. I've always gotten the Atma Weapon in the WoB, though, so this has never worked for me, and I have never tried it without already having an Atma Weapon.

Edgar Terra Celes Sabin

Genji stuff is always great. Sabin's best weapon is the Tiger Fangs, and Terra and Celes should use the Atma Weapon and the Illumina, if you have it (I think the Ragnarok esper's a better deal, but if you want the Illumina, have the weaponsmith make it into a sword and bet it at the coliseum). If I were you, I would see if I could find a decent coliseum list on the net (or can you get to the one in the game before you finish it?) and see what I could bet to get better weapons/armor/etc. I would definitely find two Snow Mufflers for Mog and Gau, though, and see if I could get two Red Jackets for Sabin and Edgar.

And there's no special endings, but if you don't get all 14 characters, some scenes won't be shown.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You can still get Golem and Zoneseek from the Auction in the WoR, I've done it many times.

yes hes right you can get them in the world of ruin. the first time i played it i didnt even know you could get it in the World of balance
    heheheh

Can't you also steal an Atma Weapon from Goddess in Keffy's Tower? I could've sworn that you could...

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

As Outsider already said, you can steal it from the third tier of the final boss.

No no, not the third tier, I'm talking about when you fight Goddess. I swear that's where I stole one from her. oO Oh well, guess I was wrong. lol

No, You can get the second Atma Weapon onlt in the 3rd Stage of the Final Boss...

The item you can steal from Goddess is good too... It's a Minerva Armor, as far as I remember... Or was it a Sky Render?

I can't really remember now, but it was something very good.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I know what you were talking about, but the point is if you could steal it from the third tier then its probably a good bet you cant steal it from anyone else.

Outsider, I think it's the Sky Render now that I think about it. *strokes chin* Damn, it's been too long, I'm starting to lose my knowledge! Yes, you can only get 2 Atma Weapons without cheating. *nod*

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Where can you find more Genji shields? I only have 1.

Hmm...I doubt so, I think they would be changed.

NO!

You are screwed

I remember there is one in WOB somewhere near the end...darn, need to replay FFVI for the ninth time. Sorry, I don't do details lol.

Edgar---A bunch of armor and all his tools. Weapons? Nah, save the Genji Gloves and Offerings.

Terra--- Ah, use the Gem Box / Economizer combo. anyway, she's better or else if you have her at level 99 she' prolly almost be the same use as Celes. I'm taking it that your characters are level 30+

Celes---Er...Force armor + Runic saved my life once. Damnable potions. Illumina would be a great choice for her if she can counterattack well. I rely on magic often except for Sabin.

Sabin---I favor sabin like he's my guardian so I threw him the genji + offering stuff. weapons if I remember would be Tiger Fang and Dragon Claw. One is in WoR Veldt cave and the other....in the big mansion?

and is there any special endings??
    Yes. One with all the characters, others without some. Depends how many characters you have at the end.

And according to the Items FAQs you can bet for Graedus against GtBehemoth for an Atma Weapon. Someone tell me if this is true and wtf is a Graedus? Never seen it before (maybe because I dont use 'steal' often or never bothered to carry it).

btw, I SWEAR that I had Celes and Terra both carry Atma weapons at the same time but I can't remember because I place Terra in Celes' group once in a blue moon...

really, what's the point of wasting a turn to steal on a final boss, when u dont even have time to equip it? even if it is the atma weapon, its not like there's a newgame+, so i just dont get the point.