Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I just suck big time when I was a kid or what...?

I'm also on the suck big-time side of the fence here, as I've gone through and beaten a lot of older games I was never able to beat as a young un'.

It's a matter of getting older.

On button mashers, you've got 5 (or 15 in my case ) years more experience..

In RPG's, you're probably a little more patient and a bit more planning.

I pulled out my FF1 cart about 3 years ago and gave it a run through to the earth cave.... and found it rather simple compared to years back.... and with the BB solo I'm doing now on Origins... it's about the same (easyish)(although faster fights are nice).

Oh, expanded equipment list makes Origins easier, as does the actual effectiveness of weapon-specific swords...

But ... I've been playing the game without the NP Strategy Guide like I used to ages ago... and I'm finding that I'm more reserved when entering a cave.. rather than making mad dashes to items and retreating. I have a pretty good memory of where things are generally, but it's nice to rediscover things .... and to have NONLINEAR caves (unlike modern FF's... which I hate).

Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button below the post. - Murder

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It's true, there's nothing quite like the first time you discover the hall of giants.... I wish something like that still existed in modern FF games.....

heh

oh, I've started FF2 recently... and have a comment concerning your sig

Came across Gordon, was annoyed he was such low 'level'..

So I started to expand his stats... he's a fairly decent spell caster (I don't do the select/cancel trick stuff... so.... yea... slow going but.. meh).

His MP growth is pretty quick, and his high agility lets him get out spells pretty quick.

As for his physical attacks.... he's in the back row with two shields equipped

Well, this happened to me in another game (FFIV) and it was the same way. I had finally got another SNES and copy of FFIV and was ready for some classic nastaligia to kick in. Just as I was thinking "I remember having trouble in the Waterfall Cave" I reliezed I was already in Mysdia. I was a bit dissapointed, but as soon as I got farther, the difficulty climbed and I was satisfied.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gamers nowadays cannot take a challenge. If it is too hard, they will quit the game and post endlessly all over the internet about how bad it is and demand divine judgement on the game.