View Poll Results: Are the stories any good?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 73.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Depends on the FF

4 26.67%

Thread: Are the FF stories good?

Default Are the FF stories good?

Topic.
    Now the world has gone to bed,
    Darkness won't engulf my head,
    I can see by infra-red,
    How I hate the night.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    Try to count electric sheep,
    Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
    How I hate the night.

I think all of the FF game stories are great. especially 3/6 and tactics <------ Best games ever!!

It depends on the FF. 6 & 7 had the best stories IMO.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

FFVII storyline RuleZ !

However I find all of them great. I just love these games <- not a really objective opinion it seems
    It was reported that this signature stretches the tables at an 800x600 resolution.

Yes, every FF story are good in their own ways...

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

It depends on the FF, but so far they have been pretty good. My favorite Final Fantasy stories are FF7's and FF9's, followed by FF6's. What I like about them are that they have deep themes that make you think. FF4's story comes next. It's a pretty generic RPG story, but it's made very well. Then comes FF5 and FF8 stories, which aren't too great, but they keep you interested and they get better when you play the game for the 2nd or 3rd time. FF2 and FF3 have pretty good stories. They aren't anything special by today's RPG standards, but they are still entertaining. FF2's story is amazingly tragic, in fact.

FF1's quite hard to rate because the game's not so story-focused. It would be totally alright if it wasn't for that time-loop story, which just doesn't make sense. I didn't like FFX's story, really. It was way too linear, and everything was given to you on a plate. No big surprises or twists anywhere, and the storyline isn't even very spectacular. I haven't played FFX-2 or FFXI yet, but I've heard their stories aren't bad, though not too great, either. I wonder if Square can make a new excellent story for FFXII.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Originally posted by Garnet1999AD
    I didn't like FFX's story, really. It was way too linear, and everything was given to you on a plate. No big surprises or twists anywhere, and the storyline isn't even very spectacular.
    I did not see it that way at all. I found it pretty surprising at times, especially what regards Tidus, Auron and Jecht.
    It was reported that this signature stretches the tables at an 800x600 resolution.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Daedrella
    I did not see it that way at all. I found it pretty surprising at times, especially what regards Tidus, Auron and Jecht.
    Well, I wasn't surprised at all. (SPOILER)Auron kind of looked like a ghost, so it wasn't surprise to me that he was an Unsent. And the cliche of the villain being the main character's father has been there ever since Star Wars Episode V, so that didn't shock me either.

Originally posted by Dyce_darg
    I think all of the FF game stories are great. especially 3/6 and tactics
    Oh, I forgot Tactics. I haven't played much of it, but from what I've seen, the story seems impressive. Could someone tell me about how good they think FFT and FFTA stories are?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi