Thread: Hey,cant you fill me in?(maybe spoilers)

Default Hey,cant you fill me in?(maybe spoilers)

Because I cannot go back a re-play Final Fantasy IX(fist disk is messed up),i was woundering if somone could perhaps answer a question for me.

If i remember correctly,soon after you meet freya you are aware of a tourniment(you tell dagger if you win you get a date from her).Iv tried and tried,but havent been able to WIN this blasted event.Could somone tell me if its possable?

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Yes, it is possible, and quite easy if you know how to do it properly.

First, roam in any part of the city (artist place for exemple), and when only 4 minutes remain, go to the business quarter (sorry, I do not know the English names) and a great hog should be near the main place. Just kill it, and you've earned 80 points (I think ^^)
    It was reported that this signature stretches the tables at an 800x600 resolution.

oh,cool.thank you very much.i wasnt sure if it could be done or not.Freya always won

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Just a few things to add. When you kill Zaghnol, make sure Zidane does the finishing blow so that he gets all the points. Vivi being the winner is quite rare, but if you want that to happen, make sure both Zidane and Freya get beaten up by Zaghnol. However, I suggest you let Freya win because that lets you get a Coral Ring, which absorbs all thunder attacks. And by the way, (SPOILER)you won't get into a date with Dagger even if you win the event.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Thumbs up

>>> I didnt know you are able to win with Vivi..
    thanks for the info.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

if Vivi wins you get the theatre ship card, which, to be honest, is pretty crap.

In order for:

Zidane to win - Freya must be KO'd by the Zaghnol, and Zidane must land the finishing blow
    Prize: 5,000 gil (not too sure on the exact amount, but I'm sure you recieve Gil)

Freya to win - Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
    Prize: Coral Ring

Vivi to win - Freya and Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
    Prize: Theatre Ship card

When fighting the Zaghnol do not forget to Steal the Mythril Gloves and the Needle Fork, as these are very good items that canot be bought until much later in the game.

I think its quite rubbish though as even if Zidane wins, you don't get a date with Dagger/Garnet.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Darkness
    In order for:

Zidane to win - Freya must be KO'd by the Zaghnol, and Zidane must land the finishing blow

Freya to win - Zidane must be KO'd by the Zaghnol
    Prize: Coral Ring
    Not true. If you don't do anything special, Freya will win the event. You don't have to get Zidane beaten up by Zaghnol for Freya to win. Also, if you want Zidane to win, Freya doesn't have to get beaten up by Zaghnol. The one who does the finishing blow on Zaghnol will get loads of points. If Freya gets those points, she's a certain winner. If Zidane gets the points, you have a good chance of winning. Of course, knocking out Freya helps Zidane a bit with winning the contest, but I don't think it's necessary at all. Be fair in such a competition.

But for Vivi to win, I think both Zidane and Freya need to lose to Zaghnol. Don't worry, you won't get a game over if they both lose because it's just a mini-game. But as I said earlier, I'd rather have Freya win since Coral Ring is excellent. Get Vivi to win only if you want to see what happens when he wins.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

!iv always won !yay!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do not post in old threads, especially if that's all you have to say.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum