Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kefka

21 41.18%
  • Sephiroth

25 49.02%
  • MOG PWNZ THEM ALL!!!

4 7.84%
  • *head explodes* TOO...HARD...TO...CHOOSE!!!

1 1.96%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: who is the better villain, Kefka or Sephiroth?

Default who is the better villain, Kefka or Sephiroth?

my vote goes to Kefka...If you want to know why, you can just look at all of the posts I've made...okay, nevermind, how about I just tell you.

1. He is a pure madman

2. He could totally pwnzorz Sephy any day of the week

3. He is heartless

4. He succeeded in taking over the world, and in becoming godlike, where Sephy failed
    "I...AM...NEO...X-DEATH, your memories, your beings, all dimensions, I erase, and then I will erase myself...FOREVER."-Neo Ex-Death

"Son of a submariner"-Kefka

What if I had a mustard drenched cucumber tied to my leg?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

5. He is a Clown

>>> Sephy wins!
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

He IS a clown.

Kefka wins.

Kefka beats Sephy in that he uses others to do his bidding for him (Goddesses and Emperor) and makes sure they know who's boss (after he's used them and stabbed them in the back of course).

Sephy does all the work hiself, not the true definition of a mastermind, all time greatest villian. Sure he's hot and cool and has a pimp ass sword. But he lacks the true power, the ability to use other people or creatures more powerful than himself to achieve greatness or to take over/destroy the world (As stated before, something that Kafka did and Sephy never).
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Kefka all the way. He had more personality than Sephiroth... I cant stand those constantly cool and collected villians. Seeing someone jumping around and screaming mmakes my day.

Originally posted by black orb
    5. He is a Clown

>>> Sephy wins!
    LMAO, that was my argument

I think that Sephy is the better Villian. Sure, Kefka's more heartless than him,and he actually suceeds in his task, and he's a complete lunatic, but Sephiroth is different all together.
    He's cold. He's been presented with the news that (SPOILER)he was created in the same way as members of SOLDIER and it's made him crazy. He's devoted to an alien lifeform as his mother and he has no-one in the world apart from her. He dosen't control people, he does the dirty work himself. He's not himself. He's a heatless killer, which makes it worse as once he was 'good' and a pretty normal guy.
    Kefka's just evil from the very start. You never see him as a normal person, sitting back and enjoying life. When we see Sephy doing this, it makes his villianry that more tragic.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Gotta go with Sephy. In a one minute FMV, the guy had 111,384 pre-pubecent teens hungry for blood.

Kefka. It needs no explanation, just look at both of them...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Jenova owns both. Sephiroth had better developement IMO.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Sephiroth's dialogue vs. Kefka's dialogue...

Kefka wins easily. Sephiroth may look cool, but his personality is really boring.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Mog owns Kefka. Sephiroth owns them both, except he isn't as cute as Mog. :mog: Anyway, I think Kefka's a boring, whacky clown who's hard to take seriously. Whenever he says something stupid, like "there's sand in my boots" or "you sound like chapters from a self-help booklet", I'm really wondering to myself, why didn't Ultros drop the 5-ton weight on that assclown's ugly head? IMHO, Kefka's also the easiest final boss seen in the series. To borrow Dr Unne a bit, even a one-eyed Kraken (from FF1) who's equipped with a wet spaghetti could kill 20 Kefkas before he had to heal himself.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Originally posted by Azure
    He's a heatless killer, which makes it worse as once he was 'good' and a pretty normal guy.
    true, true...i really enjoy seeing guys like that.

but...if kefka and seph were to fight head on, kefka always uses FallenAngel first, which brings all enemies to 1 hp. Seph can do the same, but kefka's angel automatically drops the hp, while seph deals damage. And Seph was totally weak when i fought him in all three of my files (i was level 50, 65, and 93)

but then again, kefka is defeated way too easily too. I saved right before fighting him/her (i know it's a him, but i just put the "her" there just for heck of it), and Kefka only attacked once before i killed him. I dealt so much damage to him right off the bat that he didn't bother using FallenAngel and just skipped to Goner. As for Seph, it took me a while just on Bizzaro, cuz he keeps regenerating his parts and his core (the bottom part) is almost invincible.

in any case, i can't decide on this one, so...*head explodes*
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Kefka's laugh has traumatized me...
    Why, WHY DID THEY EVEN TRY???

Originally posted by Garnet1999AD
    Kefka's also the easiest final boss seen in the series. To borrow Dr Unne a bit, even a one-eyed Kraken (from FF1) who's equipped with a wet spaghetti could kill 20 Kefkas before he had to heal himself.
    Where does it state that the toughness of a person is directly related to how good of a villain they are?

Spoilers ahead:

Sephy was tough, good looking, a fallen hero.... but the bottom line is that he was jenovas bitch. And he had no control over the minions you fight troughout the game. Example, Sephy does not command the weapons, they do what they please.

Kefka might not have been tough, but his brains gave him power (reminds me of Hamlet pretending to go nuts so that people will underestimate him) and at the end of the day he made godesses HIS bitch. He controls the fate of the world and desides to play with it at his whim, that makes him the greater villain.

Last note: If we go for toughness, I think that I took the longest to beat Zeromus in FFIV and the most dangerous last boss (ie closest to killing me) was NeoExDeath FFV. Chaos was ok, but I killed him quickly (he never used Cure 4). Kefka, Sephy and the last sorceress of FF8 are jokes compared to the old school bosses in terms of toughness. I've played through FF1,4-8.
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

vil·lain ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vln)
    n.
    A wicked or evil person; a scoundrel.
    A dramatic or fictional character who is typically at odds with the hero.

Originally posted by Danger
    Where does it state that the toughness of a person is directly related to how good of a villain they are?
    Where does it state that the numbers of minions a person has is directly related to how good of a villain they are?

Originally posted by Danger
    Kefka might not have been tough, but his brains gave him power (reminds me of Hamlet pretending to go nuts so that people will underestimate him) and at the end of the day he made godesses HIS bitch.
    If you ask me, Kefka was just a bitch. Not only did he look ridiculous, but he also played the role of comic relief. I couldn't take the guy seriously.

I can respect Sephiroth for his strength as a soldier, where Kefka is just a weak coward.

They are both technically villains, but Sephiroth looks and acts professionally, where Kefka is a walking joke.

I do think that the "comic" stuff about him is what made him disturbing... It was disturbing to see that clown killing all those people and laughing his ass off while making some strange jokes about it.

Sephiroth was too "standart"...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.