Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !HELP! Via Infinito! (spoilers)

Default !HELP! Via Infinito! (spoilers)

Hello one and all. I'm having probelms with Bevelle in Ch. 5. In order to open the Den of Woe in Mushroom Rock Rd. you need all of the Crimson Spheres located across Spira to open it.

The last two are in Bevelle in Ch. 5 in a place called the Via Infinito, an underground area where the deeper you go (there are around 100 levels) the harder the fiends get. I only got down to level three and I got my ass handed to me and Game Over.

Is there:

a.) An easy way to navigate the Via Infinito?

or

b.) a code (gameshark or not) that allows me to get all the Crimson Spheres so I dont have to bother with it?

I'd like to get into the Den of Woe to get the story completion.

I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with this horrible episode of Chapter 5. Can anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.
    "Every story must have an ending."

-Auron4Ever

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

really? What level are your characters at? mine were at 60 and I got to level 50 no problem. You don;t have to fight the Tonberries that you see, you can actually just avoid them. Put grids that add to your HP, have High Magic defense and give you the abilities of a white mage. Better still, have an Alchemist, they're better. AVOID THE ELDER DRAKES on level 19... They killed me soooo hard I never even saw it coming. He jumps back and forth so as soon as he jumps backwards, pass him. If there's no way to pass him, go back to the save point. It remembers what level you were on last so, just go back to Level 19 and avoid him. The levels change all the time so he could be in an area that's easier to pass.

Equip stuff that will bring your HP up like a Diamond Bracer and keep spheres with High HP, like Dark Knight or Warrior.

Good Luck. the last sphere you're looking for is on level 20. the Infinity Level (100) is just to get a Completion in Chapter 5.
    Too big.

Where in Bevelle is the dark knight dress sphere? I thought it me be down in the via but i dont wanna go all the way down if i dont have to. and also just how many levels are in the thing?
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's not in the Dungeon, its in Bevelle Underground, before you discover that Vegnangun is missing. You can go back anytime and pick it up after Chapter 3.

Via Infinito? It has 100 levels but you can go up to the save point when ever you want, reload on items and go back to the same level you left from, which is excellent.

Just before you fight (SPOILER)Baralai there's a chest where the save point it but you have to solve the puzzle to get the steps to come up so you can reach the chest. It has to do with the three lifts, you have to step on three platforms... I'm not making anysense... but meh. If you want more details PM me and I can whip up something to help.
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 12-11-2003 at 12:57 PM.
    Too big.

wow via infinito just got hard at cloister 40. my characters are all level 40ish and Lord Jyscal just whooped up on me with ultima. that boys no joke, any suggestions?
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

reflect? xD I just hacked away at him and used an alchemist to mix mega potions at all turns and had my other two characters as Dark nights. I was higher than level 40 though, you may want to run around and level up.
    Too big.

i would have casted reflect but he turned into an elemental and i didnt know if his own attacks sent back at him would just heal him. also the fight didnt last long enough for me to cast it if i wanted to because ultima was his first attack.

and also why does everyone use the alchemist to mix mega potions when its much easier and cheaper to use a mega potion with the alchemist's stash ability?
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

its quicker >.< I use the stash as a last resort.

Equip the grid or put on bracelets that automatically casts reflect at the begining of the battle.
    Too big.

ok i just fought him again, i cast reflect and it worked against flare but he cast ultima like two turns later and it didnt work and i died again. adn i know reflect didnt just wear off cause the fight only lasted about 5 or 6 turns.
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hmm... Put on a grid that has high magical defense, + HP bracers and if you have auto-life, cast it ASAP or equip the grid that has it.
    Too big.

ill try but i dont think a highe hp is gonna help when the attack is doing 9999 to all my characters. and i dont have auto life. oh well maybe i'll get lucky sometime and he won;t cast it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What elemental is he?
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 12-13-2003 at 03:06 PM.
    Too big.

Dark
    I'm back bitches!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

well, according to some sources, you need auto abilities like auto life if you want to survive it and it suggests you have strong chain attacks. Umm, also, the bestiarie says that it is not imune to Eject, Power Break, Armor Break. Its immune to everything else ...

So like Darkn Knight, Samurai or Berserker could help. alchemist is a big help if you have auto-reflect but other wise, it recommends to be in the high 90s in levels so that your defense is high in Magic :/ Having the Damage Break abilities and the HP Break abilities from the Special spheres mastered will probably be the solution. If you don;t want to go for level 99 in your characters.

Try some non-elemental magics with a black mage ability grid. It has no elemental weaknesses.

EDIT: If you get the achemist to mix a Ghyshal Green and a Phoenix Down, you create a Final Phoenix, which is auto life I think or a Mega Phoenix and a Megaelixir (called the Fantasy Phoenix). One or the other I can't remeber.
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 12-13-2003 at 03:14 PM.
    Too big.

thanx for the help i'll try later right now i gotta go to work
    I'm back bitches!!!