Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !HELP! Via Infinito! (spoilers)

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

omg I ran into Ultima Weapon at level 48 and it totally kicked my ass. IT WAS A RANDOM BATTLE and he's immune to physical attacks and magic attacks! Any one have tips? I can't stop running into it anf it wipes out my party
    Too big.

equip highroad winds on AT LEAST one character at all times so you have initiative, and RUN like the devils gonna nip at your ass

and by using the word nip, it reminded me that mebbe you can use cat nip (he is NOT immune to physical attacks)
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

He casts something that makes him immune after a while... I should know I battled it for like an hour and a half and none of my attacks were working :/ It totally sucked. I'll try that! thanks!
    Too big.

*sings in a harmonious voice*

caaaaatt niiiiiiip
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Basically, whaen he casts that, bolster your defence, and wait him out. Or run. Your choice. I have defeated him. And I was about level 40-something.

The key to Chac is one of 2 things.
    1.) Moogle Cureja. ALL THE TIME (Best to have Ragnarok on Yuna), and merciless attacks.
    2.) Pupu Platter. She ain't immune to Eject.
    3.) Bribe? But I saved that for Paragon.

Trema is depressingly easy. Aside from speed (Which I must admit is phenomenal), his attacks are nothing to write home about, especially is you drain his MP (He doesn't use a LOT of magic, but no Demi, Ultima, Flare, and Meteor helps. And he can only attack one character at a time. And it REALLY helps if you have Mascots that know Ribbon, because I'm not exactly sure WHAT choking mist does.)

Black Elemental? Pssht! Moogle beam = done deal.

Concherer. Ugh.....Moogle Lifeja, and try to whittle him down. How much damage do you have to do to shatter his shell?

Paragon. I just bribed him. Without the Iron Duke, I was no match. And the Dark Matters helped a bit.

Any questions?

(BTW, I agree. Iron Duke is SOOOOO worth it.)

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

how do i beat the master tonberies i was on lvl 80ish and it kiked my butt with 30000 dmg. i used darkknight
    GASH

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm going to have a Via Infinito guide up on Site Staff this weekend so if you want to check it out then, the hints will be available then.
    Too big.

Originally posted by eternalshiva
    He casts something that makes him immune after a while... I should know I battled it for like an hour and a half and none of my attacks were working :/ It totally sucked. I'll try that! thanks!
    Did you try using a Dark Knight? I was in the same situation when I first went against an Ultima Weapon. I however didn't have any of the girls able to change into a Dark Knight, so I tried forever to get a 777 with Random Reels, which is the only other thing that I thought might work. I don't know if the Dark Knight will do anything, but I was thinking that when I was in this situation.

I have beaten all the infinito bosses. Paragon was one of the hardest though. Probably harder than trema, then again, trema never used his magic attacks because I was too fast for him with cat nip+trigger happy lv 3

btw, iron duke is the best, but you have to beat the two hardest bosses in the game to get it.

So its kinda dumb.

I'm gonna keep beating trema on my new game+ files. Stock up on iron dukes. Then I will attempt all of the infinito without ever using catnip.

Via Infinito is pretty easy, until you get to the 80+ floor, then theres random Chacs everywhere, and the floors become annoying. Chac and Paragon are the strongest IMO, with Trema you just need to drain all mp and you're done.

BTW anyone ever tried getting Cry in the Night? Its almost impossible