Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levelling Up

Default Levelling Up

I am on the fourth disc, but my characters are not on very high levels. in fact, the only 2 characters over 50 are Zidane and Steiner. does anyone know the best place to level up on the fourth disc, someplace that would be suitable for a...........Lv. 27 Eiko (man, that was embarrassing.....)

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Yans, if you've got the gonads to face them.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Originally posted by DocFrance
    Yans, if you've got the gonads to face them.
    Yans... *shudders*

Do you really think he should fight them with a lvl. 27 Eiko on his party??
    "Okay everyone, let's Mosey..." Cloud

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

There are two spots that I like. Just northwest of the docks to Lindblum there is an island that has Grand Dragons on it. They are weak against Ice and cast a lot of Thunder so use coral rings or rubber armor to absorb or reduce the damage from the Thunder attacks.

The best experience in the game is from fightings Yans on Vile Island(it's southwest of the Ilfa tree and southeast of the Shimmering Island). They are hard, but give a but load of experience. I would suggest fighting the dragons to get everyone in their 50s and then trying your luck with the Yans.
    Figaro Castle

As a sidenote, Level 5 Death works on Grand Dragons, which can be learned from Whale Zombies on the beaches of Palmnell Island (The island with Chocobo's Lagoon inside it). You can find Grand Dragons to the North of that island, too.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

wow, thanks, i will try them out. never heard of a Yan though, might as well see what i can do against them so i know how to prepare.....

Memoria. Most of the monsters there are difficult to beat, mind you (well, not hair-ripping difficult, but long and redundant), but they give pretty good EXP. And if you've learned skills which help you level up faster, it'll take much less time to get your party to respectable levels.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

Another good area to fight in is in the Desert Palace area. Go in the desert and fight sand worms. Also, if you go into the holes, you can fight AntLions. They are easy, but if you kill all of your party members but one, you can level up really fast. It sounds stupid but hey- it works.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

if you are going to fight grand dragons, i suggest fighting them at Popos Heights, which is above Gizamalukes grotto. You ONLY fight grand dragons there, instead of in some places you fight those bloody gimme cats which get on my nerves.

dont bother fighting yans yet, my team is around level 75 and i have trouble beating 3 at once....

memoria is a good place to train, you get beter experience than grand dragons though the enemies are somewhat harder.

Ok, so i went to the island with the Yans. First thing i ran into were these cute little goat like thingies. Cue the AWWWWWW!!! then, all the sudden, one of the little creeps snorts eiko away (who is now on level 53, after an hour or two of Grand Dragons) then the other one kills Zidane with a comet, then before anyone else gets a turn, the other one snorts someone else awya. The sguys are way to fast!!!!! how the heck are you supposed to beat them!!!!!!

There's a variety of ways. The best way I can think of is equip everyone with Shadow-absorbing or -blocking armor, as well as the Insomniac ability. In battle, have Quina cast Night, and then have Vivi cast Doomsday twice. But you have to be really quick since the Yans don't stay asleep for long.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Where would be the best place to get AP? yans don't give as much as i expected......

And what weapon teaches Doomsday? it is the only spell Vivi doesn't know.

Vivi's Mace of Zeus, in Memoria. It's in the area just before you fight Lich.

Best place for AP would probably be the Crystal World. There you fight reincarnations of the four Fiends as random encounters, and they'll give you 7 AP each.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Originally posted by TogiB
    Ok, so i went to the island with the Yans. First thing i ran into were these cute little goat like thingies. Cue the AWWWWWW!!! then, all the sudden, one of the little creeps snorts eiko away (who is now on level 53, after an hour or two of Grand Dragons) then the other one kills Zidane with a comet, then before anyone else gets a turn, the other one snorts someone else awya. The sguys are way to fast!!!!! how the heck are you supposed to beat them!!!!!!
    Here's how to do some damage. Get Vivi, Zidane, Steiner, and Dagger. Use Flare, Flare Sword, Bahamut, and have zidane attack regularly. Thats the easy way. Heres the better way. Get Zidane, Eiko, Quina, and Vivi. Have zidane attack normaly, then have Quina cast Mighty Gaurd. Use Madeen, and then Flare. Next, have quina cast night at the end of every round for her turn. Make sure your charachters have items that prevent sleep. *the next part is optional*Whle they're asleep, kill quina. Then reviver her with a phoenix down. If your lucky, she'll get 1 hp back. Now use Limit glove, doing 9,999. If you dont do that, just do night every round. Keep using high level spells and you'll have 'em down in no time. Also make sure you have some ethers. THis'll cost you some mp.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket