Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do this game sucks?

Angry Do this game sucks?

I don't know i've played 67 missions, and there's still no fun! i mean, in the original final fantasy tactics, there where special characters with special abilities, think about Agrias or Orlandu, their stasis sword was really cool, or just tihnk about the night sword! but also ramza had his own abilities like cheer.

There where no laws and people could die everywhere.
    it was al lot much harder.
    the so called missions where a way more interestinga and fun.
    there where no races, i think this races can only limit your character's development.
    abitities where learned gaining job points .... not using a weapon!

and many other tings like that, you know what i mean?

the result of all these factors are a lack of fun and the game may become a wee bit annoying

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

here here!

i totally agree with you. I've always held Final Fantasy Tactics in very high esteem. I was an adult when I played it, and this game seemed geared specifically towards my age group. no suggestive clothing or lines, so the story holds a deep and mature meaning, not just drool factor like some other Final Fantasies that will remain nameless. I did think that the story was far too involved for kids to enjoy much, and this game seems more geared towards them. I find it a little bit harder, though, since I can't rotate the battlefield so I can't see the positions of the characters as well.

in summation:
    GBA=mostly system for kids.
    FFT=too slow moving for kids, not enough flashiness for those not looking for an overt visually reinforcing game.
    FFTA=more visual reinforcement. rather akin to a rat in a Skinner's Box...

in my opinion, FFT was a much better game. many will disagree with my opinion and my analysis, but i'm entitled to my opinions too ya know. However, everybody's opinion is equally as important as mine, I just liked the other game better.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The GBA is not childish, nor has it ever been marketed towards children in particular.

Blog Entries

Even though it's a lot easier that FFT. FFTA is still more tactical than all the other mainstream FFs

i find this game harder for some reason. The job system is far more complicated. Laws and ability learning are very annoying and especial jobs are late-game stuff. However in FFT, the only hard part was Riovanes Castle, then, not only was it easier, you get Orlandu, which isultimately powerful.

I haven't played this game much, though maybe It'll get MUCH easier when you get used to everything but it is just my opinion.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I think FFT-A is a great game (especially the whole mission thing), but I think the system of learning abilities is very flawed.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I like it better to the first, more so because it's much more easier, FFT had some near impossible battles later in the game that took more luck then skill. FFTA is also nicer in that I can not worry so much that a party member I spent hours on gaining skills with suddenly dies.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've fallen in love with this game. It's just so easy to pick up and play and get right into. And if you gotta stop playing in the middle of a battle 'cause your ma needs you to help her change her tube top, then you just quick save and come back later. Best pick-up-and-play game since Tetris, in my opinion. It might not have a deep story, or be too terribly difficult, but it's just fun. Plain old fun.

ohh no this game is fun. I dont like the job system or the different races makes it much more well "bad" to change and develop your characters.
    FrEE CraCk O sNAP!

Yrkoon

i just got it on wednesday and i have been hooked on it.

played for about 12 hours so far and im loving each battle be it a clan or story one.

i like the way u learn abilitys exact same as ff IX except when u buy a weapon it doesnt let you know if its better than the one equiped (which sucks) so the ff9 ability system comes into play i only buy new weapons if they have abilitys i dont have so i can master them and move onto next weapon with a new ability ect.

for some reason i prefer the graphics on the gba game instead of the ps1 original

i never did get into ff tactics but with ffta i got into it plus i can play it on car journeys

I love this game! There is 300 missions, lots of classes, Jp system is fun, it's all fun though the story is kinda bland...... I can't believe you hate this game!

Default This. Game. Sucks.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance SUCKS. And a LOT.
    The plot seems to be a rip-off of Digimon (Suddenly Marche is at another world... PS: I like Digimon >_<), the races are HORRIBLE, the AP system of FFIX in a tactics game sucks, the special characers are horrible... This game is the scum of Final Fantasies.

i LOVE this game, except for a few things. for some reason, i'm not that good in FFT and i quickly lose interest in playing it if i ever put it into my PS-2. most of the time, i leave it on a cupboard. i only bought it to add to my collection.

Wink Well...

This was the game that got me hooked on FF games in the first place. And yes, I mean this one, the one for GBA. I loved how long it was, and how having the insatiable need to steal a bunch of stuff (in my games -_-...) really paid off. I've played and beaten this game three times already (none of which fully gaining "every" bit of treasure) and despite that, I always come back to it sooner or later and start all over again. For me, this game has replayability written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuko
    For me, this game has replayability written all over it.
    you're not alone on that one!