Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue huge materia, Contain and other materia problems (Maybe spoilers, I dunno)

Basically, you have to do the same thing as in the battle arena, axcept that there are tougher ennemies (the last one is around 220,000 hp if I remember correctly)
    It was reported that this signature stretches the tables at an 800x600 resolution.

Yeah, in the special battles you fight the same set of 8 monsters each time ending in the fight against prod clod. completing it the first nets you the final attack materia and every subsequent time you get either an autograph, a diary or some other piece of pointless worthless crap.
    We can not choose who we are, yet what are we but the sum of our choices?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by InDeCeNt_CaReSs
    the train mission gives you ultima materia for free or catastrophe (barret's final limit), not the blue materia. i'm not 100% sure, but i know you don't get huge materia there. the blue one is in the rocket.
    Originally posted by Numisma
    whenever i have played through the games, it was always the one i got from the submarine. HOWEVER, lookie what i found:

>>>>
    * All four Huge Materia you will encounter during your main-line quest are lost-forevers. Basically, for each Huge Materia, you'll get a chance to save it. Failing your mission, you lose the Huge Materia. An interesting collilquary to this rule is that you will always receive the Huge Materia in the same order, regardless of which missions (if any) you fail to save a particular huge materia. That order is: green, yellow, red, blue. In short, if you miss one huge materia, you miss out on the blue one. If you miss two, it's blue and red, etc. For more on the benefits conveyed by the Huge Materia, refer to section V.M. of the FAQ.
    >>>>

taken from this webpage, in section 1, article F:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...tasy_vii_k.txt

eh?

oh well...i don't really know which huge materia is from which, but...you get Catastrophe from a women in one of the tents after the train stops/crashes.

also, if you actually did get the blue huge materia, you still cannot get Bahamut ZERO just by talking to it (the blue huge materia). U must possess the Bahamut materia (temple of the ancients) and the Neo Bahamut materia (whirlwind maze at beginning of disc 2).
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

you get the blue huge materia from the space ship its locked behind glass or something and u need to use the right code to get it
    tony murray

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by cloud_________strife
    you get the blue huge materia from the space ship its locked behind glass or something and u need to use the right code to get it
    And you only get the blue one if you succesfully save all the other Huge Materias.

And you only get the blue one if you succesfully save all the other Huge Materias
    Funny that, I crashed the train but still got the huge blue materia (from the rocket) allowing me to get Bahamut Zero.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Zeidrich
    Funny that, I crashed the train but still got the huge blue materia (from the rocket) allowing me to get Bahamut Zero.
    Then why does every FAQ say different? I did the same, I lost the train mission and that huge materia, and didnt get the blue materia or Bahamut Zero.

*shrugs*

maybe it's different for the PC game and the PSX game?
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I doubt it.

is there a way to do the missions in other orders? cuz the maybe that factors in somehow. i just know that my first time playing, i got my sub shot down, and so i was never able to find sdubmarine wreckage that had a Huge Materia, and the HM i never got was the blue one.... meh.
    -little purple-haired geek

Nope. Not possible at all. Someone probably isn't recalling facts right. The FAQ is correct. It does not matter which you fail - you will get the Huge Materia in a set order. If you don't get them all you will NOT get Bahamut ZERO. (And not that what was said previously is also true - if you get all Huge Materia's but don't have Bahamut AND Neo Bahamut you won't get Bahamut ZERO - think of the Materia as a prize for collecting all of the Huge Materia's).
    The Nazi's changed,
    But they never went away.

Alright, so I cannot get it. To bad, but now I want to get the materia in the fire-cave in Wutai. I know you need those scales, but where the hell can I find them. And if the FAQ says it like this, it's like this. I never saw a FAQ with such a big mistake.

You want the Leviathan Scales? Ok then do this:
    go back to Junon and pay the soldier 10 gil to go up the elevator. Go left and throughout the upper Junon town until you reach the elevator that takes you to Underwater Reactor. Go through it for a while until you reach the part where Reno used the Carry Armor to fight you (the big machine with two arms that was a boss). There should be two or three chests nearby. I remember one had the Scimitar and the one next to the grey submarine which you steal had the Leviathan Scales.

Can you go back to the Underwater Reactor. I tried but it's locked. So am I wrong, or can't I get those to. That would really be f**ing annoying.