Thread: A good level for the final boss?

Default A good level for the final boss?

I know there are a few other topics about levels and the final fight but hey

Im currently up to level 45 and ive mastered 6 jobs on each character. I did it so that between all of my characters, every job is mastered once. Every character has mastered Mime though....

Ive been able to survive all the boss battles so far due to the mimic abilty of my mimes and a nice little spell called meteo I've just got past the castle part of the cleft of dimension and i got wiped out by a BehemoKing. I knew this would happen, i spent all my time levelling the jobs and now my HP is simply too low (about 2000 on each character). I'm going to beat up as many Iron Giants as i can in the castle until im at a decent level to proceed (because they give out 2500 EXP to each of the characters).

Does anybody know a good level to stop at and try the boss? I've never been at a level this low before the final battle in an FF.

Anybody who has finished the game, your help is very much appeciated

Levels don't really contribute much in this game. Level 45 is certainly fine, Level 30 or so is possible too. But yeah, it's the jobs you want to get leveled up more than the characters. It also depends on your style of play. In FFV I tend to be a magic whore with my entire party being able to cast every White, Black, Blue, Time and Summon spell in the game. Then they become Mimics so that they can get in lots of spells. I'm not sure how popular that style is but it works well for me.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Thats good to hear except that my job arrangement is a bit inconvienient but it worked fine early on in the game. Ive got Bartz with red mage abilities and the largest HP of the group, he doesn't do much except attack, mime or urgent cures. Reina is the white mage and summoner and she has the lowest HP, its dumb because sometimes i need to use both WM and SMN at the same time but i can't. Krile does the time magic and always seems to be the first to make a move, she also does the highest amount of damage with attack. Faris is the black mage but mimes most of the time.
    I think next time i play i will give Bartz and Faris something useful do because meteo just beats any black magic hands down (even if the black magic is the enemy's weakness).

I'll also level up to at least 50 before attempting the boss because i want more HP without equiping the "HP + #%" ability.

Thanks for your help J.R

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I had my chars at levels 38 and 39, and they all had only one job mastered. Hell, in that last battle I made Krile/Cara a Samurai and I had never made her or anyone else for that matter one for then. And I also had 2 knights!

And I won first time, obviously

Thanks guys, i finished it.

I beat him first time with Bahamut mimed over and over by all the characters. I only had to stop and heal once and everyone was on Haste. My final level was 51 for every character except Reina who was on level 50.

I can't believe how easy it turned out to be Its the first time ive ever beaten a final boss on the first try

I was only level 41.... but then again, I had mastered almost every job with every character *puffs pipe*

I heard that some guy in Japan was able to beat the game at like level 7. I'm honestly not surprise - levels hardly matter for troute in this game.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Especially when you mix a few Giant Drinks. Then you need not worry about your HP at all.

And with the ability to gain more HP, who needs levels at all?

Yrkoon

i completed it with one guy on level 51 an the rest around level 47 - 49 first time through.

btw its good to switch back to default characters once you have a lot of jobs mastered since they keep bonuses for each class they mastered
    gp toss is good fun on end boss till you run out of gil

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

at level 45 or so with six jobs mastered you shouldn't have any trouble with any of the bosses in CoD (besides Omeag and Shinryuu of course). Exdeath is definitely beatable at that level assuming you know the basic boss battle strategies and know what you are doing. If you can't beat NeoExDeath any other way, you should just use Coin Toss. As a matter of fact, you should use Coin Toss anyway. And also, Samurai is one of the best job classes, between good attack, great evade, good equipment, and coin toss.