Thread: Screw you windows Media player

Default Screw you windows Media player

I successfully made a VCD that works both on Windows Media Player and on my DVD player in my living room. But for some reason WMP won't play it anymore but my DVD player still plays it, why won't WMP play my VCD? Also is there another way I can play a VCD on my system.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My Windows Media Player is a nuisance. On the odd occasion, I have to put my DVD CD in the drive up to three times for Media Player to simply recognize it. I thought it was a problem with my drive, but after successfully playing the CD through RealOne Player, I realised otherwise.

I guess you should try a different program. I don't understand Media Player at all. It's terrible.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Try Media Player Classic instead - it looks like Windows Media Player but is far better and supports more types of files. Plus it's free.

Or if the error you're getting in Window's Media Player with the VCDs is a green screen, then that's a sign of your codecs messed up.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

The short answer is that you need the codec. The more complicated answer is to download a vcd player for your computer.

Where can I get codecs to play VCDs at?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I have no idea. Consult Kazaa and yahoo. Or download a dvd player. They usually allow playing of vcds