Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Awful Fantasy III (or VI to you and me)

XD
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I'm about to do the banquet with the Emperor in Vector.

Does anyone know what options to choose to get the maximum points at this part?

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

i dont remember. just remember the order in the original FFVI and apply it here.

and...

woohoo! i finally beat Awful FF3! It was nearly impossible since the second tier of the final fight keeps casting TCC, which screws up the battle and wont let you attack the enemy.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

I cannot beat the Iraqi WMD.

The bye bye + DOOOOOM will not work. In Final Fantasy VI that was basically the only way you were going to end up killing the Intangir.

Every time I cast vamp on him to make him appear he immediately casts RTPS and goes back invisible. If I'm lucky I'll be able to sneak in a dispatch and do 900 damage before he vanishes again.

I checked my old Final Fantasy III guide to see how much HP he has. I was shocked to find out he had 32000. I also knew that there was another way to beat him. If he has no MP he cannot cast his vanishing spell, and therefore dies. So I decided I would drain his MP to 0.

So that was my next plan. I used up Pinto's MP and then used vamp to steal from him. I was taking about 150 MP from the Iraqi WMD every time. Eventually I realized the battle wasn't ending. That's when I checked a walkthrough and to my horror realized that he has 16000 MP.

Has anyone beaten this guy? Maybe he drops some sort of super weapon.

hrm...the only way i can think is, use the Lete River trick and keep training there until you have AT THE VERY LEAST 1200 HP, each. Then go after the Intangir, cuz i remember his Fireball attack usually does about 900 damage each. After each fireball attack, cast MOMMA! (Cure2) on all your party members, then keep hacking away at him.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Isn't Fireball a FIRE based attack?

The Iraqi WMD uses RTPS, the same attack that the Fragmaster uses. It's the awful fantasy equivalent of Meteo, which is type less damage.

I've equipped fire shields on my characters and am using Fire 2 to keep their HP up. I don't know if it's easier on the MP than casting MOMMA, but it sure seems like it.

If I'm lucky, I can sneak in the eyegouge and a dispatch before that little punk does his RTPS and SURPRISE. Even then that's about 2200 damage. I've got to do that 16 times and not run out of MP. I can always cast vamp on him to siphon some MP back, but only one person can do that.

I guess it boils down to how much I want to beat him. I can waste a good 2-3 hours in a stalemate with him, or I can just move on. I didn't do the Lete River thing because I plan on killing the Fragmaster later on in the game, and to do that I need the bonuses that the later espers give you when you level up.

I guess I could level up a bit on the floating continent then go back. I really want to finish this game. I can't open a different rom because if I do my save states on this game will get deleted. Therefore I have to finish this before I can play anything else. Highly annoying.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

u see, its things like the enough that make me stay away from *awful final fantasy VI* (ahh lovely untouched, beautiful, genius...and easy ffVI)
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

trust me. Fragmaster is NOT the hardest boss in there. The second tier of the Final Fight with Kefka (Todd a.k.a. King REoL) is the hardest. Why? because two of the targets on the second level, cast TCC, which absolutely screws up the fight. After that, none of your characters can hit the opponent. and the TCC effect wont wear off. How did i beat them, then? Well, my "OMGWTFBBQ" character had the "Rusty Dagger" weapon equipped (it's the Illumina), and so i have him attack. It misses of course, since there are "no targets". Then, 50% of the time, it'll cast Pearl. And 50% of THAT time, the Pearl will actually hit the target. Same with "Isnoop" and his MegiddoGun casting Meteo, and El Pinto with his "RioGrandeRam". And even if you DO manage to beat that boss, when you go on to fight the third tier, ALL of your characters are in MagiTek Armor, prohibiting them the "Attack" command (and sometimes prohibiting their special abilities, like Blitz and Tools)!

that's why that's the hardest boss in the game. Not Fragmaster.

Wow, that does sound hard.

Basically that means you have to take the Ragnarok sword then. And since I hear only Pipe Bomb can equip the Paladin Shield, that means in order to beat the game you pretty much have to go without Ultima.

Where do I get the RioGrandeRam and the Meggido Gun?

Medidoo Gun, i forgot. it was somewhere in the World of Balance.

RioGrandeRam, which is El Pinto's ultimate weapon, you find it in Figaro Castle (when you sneak using Celes and Sabin to find Edgar). The RioGrandeRam replaces the King's Crown helmet.

Boco Getting the Chainsaw in Zozo.

As you walk into Zozo, continue left until the road starts going north. Enter the Inn. When you enter you will see a clock in front of you. Examine the clock, it will ask you 3 questions:

Euro is pretty like a: Pony
    Lowtax's youngest cat: Stupid
    The ultimate insult is "F***ing: Farker

This will open the wall to the right revealing a treasure chest containing the
    Chain Saw.

Hope this helps!
    Also, feel free to ask me any other questions.
    I will help if I can!!!

Boco Saving

I have been saving at save points in the game. It creates a save file within the rom, which then allows you to play other roms. I know it isn't the same, but it is an option. Hope that helps!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm annoyed that this wasn't necrobumbed next year instead. Then it would have been ten years!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Holy crap you woke up an ooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldddd thread.

Hey, anyone remember the SA Weekend Web article about EoFF?

Toothing!, Anime Sucks, and Eyes on Final Fantasy

Good times.