Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate-Why FF7 is better than all other final fantasies

Well, I shouldn't say I HATED it. I did enjoy the storyline and good humour. I loved the music too. So I guess it's not all THAT bad, I just don't really like the gameplay elements. I am anxiously awaiting AC though.

Originally posted by SeedRankLou
    Quite the debating skill you have there.
    Thanks! Dunno why they kicked me off the debating team though. Must have been too good so they needed to even up the playing field.

Got nothing to say than, ... FF7 RULES AND IS THE BEST FF GAME OF ALL (played it 10 times) The only FF I haven't played yet is FFX (cause I got no PSX2) Is it available at PC ?

FF7 has :

-BOMB storyline.
    -cool characters, you really begin to like them if you play with them.
    -Hard bosses.
    -Many different weapons.
    -Chocobo's keep you busy all the time (love the Chocobo races in the gold saucer).
    -The dialoges are funny and always keeps your head with the game.
    -Nice minigames.
    -much materia.
    -Everybody has a free job.
    -Many cities, you really love the towns you are playing in, it's made so good like reality, the villies who are wandering around on their own and tell interesting things.
    -So many secrets and possibilities.
    -It's takes a long time when you finished the game (this is good, there is no such boring thing like having a game finished in a week or 2 (like FF8 of FF9)).

Actually I just love EVERYTHING about this game .

This is what I think, I really like to see a FF7-2 but that's never going to come anymore I guess .
    FF7 rules big time!

Yes.I like the fact that the villian(Sephiroth) seemed to travel as you did.You would always hear people talking about this man passing through just before you got there,or something,so you knew you had to be close.While with other games(not all) the villians are stalking you and have no real way to have gotten to where you were in the time you did or even moments after without you seeing them.Drives me batty(the Symore thing in X)

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Blog Entries

I hope we're expecting spoilers here.

Gripping storyline... first game I saw where some chick you get to know dies in FMV, plus all that time worrying about Cloud... I think that's what makes it. The way it really tugs at your heart strings.

Easy to understand magic system...

Awesome music...

The "open" elements that have led to so much discussion and triggered so much imagination over the years....

Why U need spoilers, don't even know how to put up a spoiler or what a spoiler is.
    FF7 rules big time!

Blog Entries

A spoiler is a part of a storyline that you're mentioning which another player might not have reached yet, thereby 'spoiling' their experience of unfolding a story as they go along.

You don't 'need spoilers', you need spoiler markers or masks - i.e. you need to avoid revealing them! Usually by using spoiler tags to hide the sensitive items that you want to say. Anyone who's played the game and knows the storyline can then highlight the spoiler to read the text.

Simple and classic example, if I said (highlight to read):

(SPOILER)Aeris dies at the end of disc 1 and someone had only just met her (a late player, they do exist), that would kinda spoil their experience as they'd be expecting the outcome.

To mark text as a spoiler, use
    (spoiler)juicy info(/spoiler)
    but convert the curvy brackets into square ones.

i disagree i think the best FF is FF IV. FF VII came in a very close second though. look old school is da [filtired] man!! but ya'll knew that already...right? right!?
    We cannot cure the world of its sorrows..but we may choose to live in joy.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

it isn't the best, but if it were it would be because of the Cloud-Yuffie interactions throughout the story, especially the date scene and the materia negotiations on the Highwind.

Thx Cloudane for the information.
    btw I don't think FFIV is the best one the graphics aren't cool, does it have materia?
    FF7 rules big time!

Blog Entries

Sweet graphics do not (necessarily) a good game make.

Case in point: FFX

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Sjalle
    Thx Cloudane for the information.
    btw I don't think FFIV is the best one the graphics aren't cool, does it have materia?
    Only VII had materia. IV is a much different game, and if you're stuck looking for good graphics and VII clones, you're gonna miss out on a lot of great games.

Barret asking Cloud on a date.
    Aeris dying.
    Red XIII/Nanaki (OMFG! A dog that fights and talks!)
    Vincent Valentine's Limit Breaks

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pro's for the game imo:

the story was intense you have 3 or 4 sub plots to investigate at all times

Sephiroth really gave the impression of being the ultimate in evil bastards

It made me one of the most cold hearted serious to a fault guys in my area cry (Aerith dies)

minigames you couldnt beat it on minigames except for triple triad (always going to be my favourite a few guys I know want to make an actual version of it by sticking printouts on old magic cards or pokemon cards As of yet I'm still hunting down an image of every card if you know where I can find them all - not just stats and names like the list here, tell me.)

materia was pretty insane but cool grow your own magic I like it.

the bad:

Graphics even for the PS1 they werent the best graphics in the world were they.

FMV the FMV engines kept changing so you'd watch the intro and think wow (back then it was wow) then you'd watch Cloud fall from the mako reactor and you'd be like WTF happened to the wow engine of the intro? then along came the north crater escape with the people of Shin-Ra in the Airship and Diamond weapons death and it was super WOW it was better than the intro graphics. Square I heard of development as the game goes by but aren't you meant to replace the old "In Development" FMV with the finished thing?

Vincents story was weak allright he's the last character you get (unless you got him before Cid I forgot to first time through) but there was plenty of time to develop him further.

Cait Sith was a crap character that should never have seen the light of day I'm sorry but no.

Chocobo Racing you could enter on a gold chocobo (which if I remember cirrectly was white?) with manual control selected and it would still go wherever the hell it wanted you couldn't overtake it wanted to run up the chocobo infronts ass.

All those minigames and some really did not have any point or revelance to the game

Gold coins for the bloody Gold Square were a nightmare unless you paid exhoborant ammounts of Gil you spent hours building them up.

Other than that a great game but I'm not sure if it was my Personal Favourite out of the FF games I think 8 for all it's flaws still has that.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
    Vincents story was weak allright he's the last character you get (unless you got him before Cid I forgot to first time through) but there was plenty of time to develop him further.

Chocobo Racing you could enter on a gold chocobo (which if I remember cirrectly was white?) with manual control selected and it would still go wherever the hell it wanted you couldn't overtake it wanted to run up the chocobo infronts ass.

All those minigames and some really did not have any point or revelance to the game
    Well Vincent was an optional character, so he didnt really get much development.

The color of the Chocobo doesnt effect it as much as the chocobo's nature. Some just wouldnt follow commands, others would. Depends on the chocobo.

The minigame's actually had a lot of relevance, they werent just random things to do. Most of the big ones (motorcycle chase, submarine fight, and snowboarding) were part of the story, which was neat.

Still, dont think much of this game.