Debate-Why FF7 is better than all other final fantasies

Let's have a debate

the Topic-Why FF7 is the best one of all

1.The story line is fantastic

continue debate...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

2. Its all opinion, so you cant prove why one is better than another, all you can do is argue semantics.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

3. Cloud in a dress.

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    2. Its all opinion, so you cant prove why one is better than another, all you can do is argue semantics.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

It isn't. *stabs*

I was always the best on the debate team.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Because it was just pure and utter fun.
    And it wasn't so serious that you got completely lost in the process.
    And it carried little to no ff series words ("Shinra", "Materia") without due explaination.
    They took forever to make it.

Debates aren't designed to prove stuff btw.

-interesting characters
    -tonnes of fun minigames
    -interesting and original story line
    -the fact that I've played the game five times and everytime I play I find something new.
    -yeah it is the best so you just better stfu and accept it!

I don't really know...? Maybe because it was the first FF I played, and that kinda makes it special... Other than that, the game has a great set of characters and a beautiful story!

It's ONE of the best Final Fantasy stories, but as I've said in other threads, every Final Fantasy game has it's pro's and con's. So one can't really be the best out of all of them. There are a few other best ones.

It has characters that are interesting and likeable. And Mr. T... I mean, "Barret".

It's emotional in parts, but it doesn't feel contrived (hi FF8).

Sephiroth is a good bad guy. "Good" in the sense that you really want revenge.

It's very complex, but not unfathomable. It keeps you guessing.

Well it was my best FF until I played on FFX couple of month ago. Like others said, there are no "best" FF as everyone has their own opinions. Also debate is when one person/group argue for one thing, while the other argues back about the one thing. And it seems like we're only gonna get the positives in here lol.

Anyways, I thought this was the best FF, and all big FF forums I've been to, and seen the post counts on FF series, FF7 always had the most post counts. This does not prove that this is the best FF, but it shows us that theres lots to talk about this game.

The story line is probably the best, for me, compared to other FFs. This was the first game for Square to bring real "emotion" to the players. Well to most players, certainly me.

Also it was a massive step from Super Nintendo to PS. Square were dealing with the big boys then, and it had no big brother to look up to. FF8, FF9, FF10 and so on, all had a big brother they could learn the good and the mistakes from. So this game was a big, and a great step for Square into a new world. And they made a great job of it.

The music I loved, couldnt have been any better. There were humour in the game too, so its not a totally morbid game. The characters were well developed. The battle systems were good. They kept the theme of the Final Fantasy very well, unlike FF8 did imo. And the villain... oh Sephiroth, what other better villain can you have except from him? (Well, except from Kefka too lol) Seph was a great Villain, Square really did rely on Sephiroth to better the game, and it was a good thing that it was Sephiroth they relyed on lol.

All in all, I think its a fantastic game (not as good as FFX though but way better than my worst FF - FF8 ). I hope this debate turns out to be a good one
    Goto the FFR resource forum and post there you bunch of malonies! You gotta help me liven up that forum again! Heres the link:
    CLICK HERE YOU BUNCH OF MALONIES! (what does malonies mean?)
    --------------------

indeed

I actually didn't care for VII very much. It seemed to long and drawn out. Too many characters to mess around with and level up. And Materia (ugh), the only good thing about materia is the feeling you get when you finally master one. I like having distinct jobs like 'Mage' and 'Thief' etc. Having everyone doing everything seems a bit pointless? Why bother using more than three or four characters for the entire game if everyone is equal? Yuck.

*rebuttal*

Negative team, you said:

Originally posted by volkyrai
    I actually didn't care for VII very much. It seemed to long and drawn out. Too many characters to mess around with and level up. And Materia (ugh), the only good thing about materia is the feeling you get when you finally master one. I like having distinct jobs like 'Mage' and 'Thief' etc. Having everyone doing everything seems a bit pointless? Why bother using more than three or four characters for the entire game if everyone is equal? Yuck.

...you suck.

Originally posted by HOOTERS
    ...you suck.
    Quite the debating skill you have there.

Final Fantasy VII is perhaps one of the best video games I have ever played,and perhaps one of the best I will ever play.Its graphics are not up to snuff with the things we have now(Final Fantasy X blows it away there),but it was one of the best looking games of its time.Its music was utterly fascinating(Aeris's theme,and Sephiroths were both wounderful).Its storyline is like some of the best novels or movies,filled with curv balls and drama and humor and action.At first everything starts out slow,but gradually picked up to a point where there is no way you would with to drag your fingers from the controll or your eyes from the screan.The chracters in the game are chracters we can relate to.We can love,hate,admire,or shun.Characters we cry for at one point or another(if not with tears then a hearts feel it).The game brought bizzar creatures and places to our somewhat dull reality.It expended our imagination and our picture of the future.It also brings us back to earth and shows us what could possibly lie out in the world.Destruction,greed,conflict,evil,terrorists,exct.,but at the same time it shows the struggle to keep something dear,the earth,people,pleaces,things.Anything at all.To me,such a game brings to me new light on things.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary