Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Debate-Why FF7 is better than all other final fantasies

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmm yes those ones were related as are a few others but still alot of the ones in the golden square were just there and they were random distractions to a brilliant storyline whereas almost every minigame in 8 has revelance to the story even if it was just to explain them a little further and Triple triad was good fun and if you refined monster cards you got useful items especially when you needed low level spells later on in the game *come on give me the bloody bitebug cards all of them their mine All MINE!*

let's a see...why WOULD FF7 be better than the others?

Don Corneo :P
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

7 is my favorite, not only for the sheer fact the story line rules, but each character has his/her time in it. You see some games where one character takes up most of the time. Cloud can be defined as the "main" character, but throughout the game, there are side quests and even events in the main story that define the other characters. That's really cool, something many books and movies forget.

VI comes in a close second though, sporting its cast of unbelievable characters and a plotline that can deal with 7's (same odd humor, and a dark plot).

(while I'm here, minus well review 8 too!) 8 is very unique, in that it created a "power" system unfamilar to the series. In most RPG's, you gain power through leveling up, typically. In 8, you can be level 2 or 3, and be strong enough to beat the final boss; as long as you have the right magic junctioned. That really turned me on to the game, as well as the intense thing going on between Squall and good 'ole Rinoa. Seifers is a pretty decent character too.

Wow, I type too much :-p But here's my order of favorites: 7, 6, 8, eh...9? then X comes in dead last. That game never interested me...and X-2 looks even crappier than the first embarassment.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Why FF7 is th best?

Uh it sold over 9 million copies worldwide

It spawned an entirely new generation of Final Fantasies

In depth storyline, with a well written script.

1st game where the enemies had storylines. (Shinra: Father killed, son takes over, shows how they run things differently) (Sephiroth-- Started out as good guy for Soldier--learns truth of self--goes crazy like any person could when learning that news--stabbed by cloud and fallls into lifestream--crystallized in Mako--etc etc)

Developing enemies--you dont start out with evil being fell from sky and now must die. Its a battle for the planet itself. they fight the government they fight the assasins, they fight the alien, they fight everything

Knights of the Round--no more need said

Chocobo Breeding

In depth love story

the ONLY FF game that almost all FF fans have played and beat(It's like Jhonny Depp said in Pirates of the Carribean when Commadore Nrrington said he was by far the worst pirate he had ever heard of: "But you have heard of me!")

Explains the story behind the ancients which were involved in many FF games.

And the list goes on.

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

All those minigames and some really did not have any point or revelance to the game
    I think the minigames were just made to relax...
    So you won't have to worry about the story for once but have a good time.

Well you also said something of the graphics, it's just what makes FF7 so cool. The graphics really rule lol, it's fun to play with guys who were made of "blocks".

You also said that vincent's story was weak. I don't agree but you don't have to get excited of everything that happens in the game. It's all a part of the game, Vincent's also not really a main character.
    FF7 rules big time!

vincent might not be a main character, but i believe that he deserves to be one of the three people that get to kill sephiroth in the end of the game...(hey, maybe i'll start a topic on that)
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Hm no he's last limit just sucks (my opinion, can be that you can play very well with him) but I can't play with a beast that you can't control lol. No good for hard battles.
    FF7 rules big time!

but even then, by the time you can get him to learn Hellmasker so that you can teach him Chaos, all the enemies are too easy to beat anyway, so i enjoy letting Vincent do whatever the hell he wants.