Thread: a wee bit of help, please?

Default a wee bit of help, please?

Well, I've grown frustrated.
    I've updated my laptop to a point where final fantasy VII should work without a problem, but when I start the game up (no matter what point, I've tried with different save games), once I enter a battle, go to the menu, or leave/enter a room, the game crashes. I've checked with the support site and I've gotten all needed downloads that said would help...but I'm thinking it might be my laptop. Anyone here have a similar problem and have a good solution?

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

What are your specs? Because I can run mine just fine on my laptop.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I remember my friend saying that the pc version worked with his old comp (windows 95) but didnt work with his new one (windows 98)

go figure
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

that could be the problem too, I have windows 2000 and last night I tried reinstalling it, just in case maybe I did something wrong with the installation (it could happen), and since the sound sucked when the game did play, I decided to try out the Yamaha thingy that came with game. a little screen popped up when the Yamaha setup came, that said I needed windows 95 or later. Oh, I hate windows 2000. but nevermind the OS, my laptop is failrly new. ram, space and processor shouldn't be the issue here...which is making me confused. I updated my video drivers and the card should work with the game (ATI something or other).

I once got FF7 on my computer (I have XP) and everything worked fine (the controls were hard... oh well it really bothered me) but the only real problem I got was that I couldn't view movies.
    FF7 rules big time!