Thread: Help, please...

Default Help, please...

Im running WinXP, an ive installed the ff7xp patch - right now im at the scene where Cloud gives Seph. the Black Materia. My prob is that when it plays the vid for some reason it only shows the ship taking off an what not an thats it. It freezes right there but, I can hear the rest of it playing an I then have to alt+tab out an kill the game or else it locks up my puter.

My lil bro dl it for me I think from suprnova. I guess my main question is... Has anyone else had this prob before? Should I try running 98SE? I did try it an for some reason it didnt seem to run right an just had probs for some reason.

Any help would be good, would like to finish the game, loving it so far.

And again thanks for any help at all.

-Uzur9

I recognize that...! It's the FMV with all them weapons jumping out, isn't it? My cousin had the same problem, and he used Win98 (no XP-patch). I never had the problem myself (but then again, I never used pirated FF7 CDs ). I believe your best bet is finding a friendly soul who can play your savegame until the next save-point. You miss a small cutscene with Tifa, but it's nothing I'd shoot myself for missing. You'll also miss Meteor's introduction, but that can be viewed off the CD.

Well? Any friendly soul with FF7 PC? (I've had quite limited success in getting it to work on this rig, and I'm too lazy to fire up Ye Olde Faithful.)
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.