Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ct secret side quest??? (little spoiler)

Default ct secret side quest??? (little spoiler)

hi again!
    i talked with that friend of mine again... (well you try to have a lot of friend in israel! this ppls are ing shalow!!! ever hard of "mizrahit"?) and he told me that after you (spoiler*) bring chrono back to life (end of spoiler*) chrono and you go to the old man (forgoted his name) at the end of time, he talk of some of the side quest you can do, and mention "but first, there is a close friend that need you help" or something like it (i know! my englise sucks!) my friend serched again and again for this "side quest" (by the way, the old dude says the cyrus quest as well in the side quest you can do, so it isnt it, im not stupid <or is IT?>), and the old man says that its someone close to you even with magus not in your group, but i think there is a conection to schala, do YOU know what the mining of this secret side quest?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

There are all sorts of side quests in Chrono Trigger. Mainly it's just bettering the lives of people in the future by doing stuff in the past, and ultimately scoring better items. I dont think there's any real relevance to the plot in it. If I remember right, the 'someone close to you', is Marle's father, or perhaps even Lucca's mother. It doesnt have anything to do with Schala, though.

You may wanna check out www.gamefaqs.com to find more detailed explinations of the side quests.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I believe that when the old man refers to a close friend in need of your help, he is reffering to (SPOILER)Lucca's mother, and saving her from her father's machine.

FYI, if you want to mark your spoilers, you can use the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags.
    Figaro Castle

No, I'm sure that "Someone close to you" is Marle's Father, Guardia King.

Saving Lucca's mother from the machines is part of that "Saving the Forest" sidequest.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

"Someone close to you" refers to Queen Zeal. After Lavos vaporizes the Black Dream, Gaspar stops making this reference, so there's no argument.

I remember Gaspar stopping making this reference when I completed Marle's sidequest.

Maybe I'm wrong I need to play CT again. I'll add it to my queue list.

I'm pretty sure it is Queen Zeal that he means. After all, you don't have to go through the Black Omen to win the game, it's just extra. However, if you do complete everything, then and only then will you be able to get into New Game+ mode.
    Microsoft Windows-

One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought you get New Game+ when you just complete it regardless of how many sidequest things you do? I'm pretty sure I got it after I first completed the game, and I didn't know about Lucca's/Save the Forest sidequest back then.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "Someone close to you" refers to Queen Zeal. After Lavos vaporizes the Black Dream, Gaspar stops making this reference, so there's no argument.
    true, i think. if you complete ALL of the sidequests, Gaspar will say "I have had glimpses of events and people that will power you up: find this person fast." That's it.
    but after you kill the Black Omen, defeat Zeal and Lavos (the outter shell only), he will say "So she (Zeal) is finally able to rest...(or something like that)...go! the world depends on you!" (or something like that, i have a horrible memory)
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You dont need to complete any sidequets to get New Game Plus, to note.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZeroUltima
    but after you kill the Black Omen, defeat Zeal and Lavos (the outter shell only), he will say "So she (Zeal) is finally able to rest...(or something like that)...go! the world depends on you!" (or something like that, i have a horrible memory)
    Yes he say that. Only for confirm your "Horrible memory"
    "Ayla must win. Win and live.Lose and die.No changes rule."

Ayla is the best. If People say she's annoying,these people are no sense of change.

Why Ayla is my favorite?She's Very funnny and looks like me in the mental part (forget the poor english)
    I'm funny friendly, strong... An human version of Ayla.

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Originally posted by Ayla
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZeroUltima
    Yes he say that. Only for confirm your "Horrible memory"
    Exactly right, and you both beat me to it. Blast you! But I dont remember the world depends on you part

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

but gasper (i think its gasper... i have a trible memory too...) says its someone close to you, even if magus not in your party, and i dont think zeal is close to crono and co. (alltough she sposet to be ayla's grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand doughter and one of marle's grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand mother) (whats bring me to a game paradox, if magus dies, schala's place is on knowen, and zeal is about to become ing dead, how could marle exsist?) so i think they havent ment her, and its not lucca's mother, cause the old dude says it as another side quest...

Queen Zeal is supposed to be Marle's grarnd-grand-...-grandmother?

Uh?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's presumed that, because Marle has a pendant like Sarah's, the Guardia line is made up of descendants of the Zeal royal family.