Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >> Monster arena..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> Monster arena..

>>> I love this side quest!, anybody has completed it and beat all the monsters??
    I tried to beat the fiends in the Area, Species, and Original sections but mostly of them kick my ass in no time (loving it)
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love this side quest too. I think in the end I only got enough of each monster to get the thing for Auron's ultimate weapon, I can't remember how many that was now. 10? or 5? or more? Ahh, I don't know.

I beat a few of the creations, mostly just the area ones but I think I might have beaten a species one. The battles lasted sooo long though. I have a save still so I might go back and try and beat more of them.

Yeah it's a cool game though, I wish they had a monster arena in other FF's.
    rawr

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

omg I loved the aren, I'm still trying to discover how to kill Neslug... *sigh* he's disturbingly hard and I can't seem to kick its but, he has me completely stumped. You can actually bribe stuff from the Original Creations to create a break HP and Damage Lmt on your weapons, its pretty neat *but massively expensive* xD
    Too big.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> It seems you need dark matter for break the damage limit on weapons, but I dont know how many of them you have to use..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You need like 30 or something and the bribes only give you like 5 at the most :/ it sucks.
    Too big.

Anyone know an Internet guide to bribing the monsters in Arena? I usually played straight through FFX with a few sidequest but I want to do em all now O and does anyone know why after catching 10 different species from 10 different areas the man still hasn't given me the sceptre for the magus sisters? I had them on my first game but I saved over that :\ are you only allowed to get one of the special chest? Cuz I got the chest for Nirvana already. Thanks

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Originally posted by Aerio
    Anyone know an Internet guide to bribing the monsters in Arena? I usually played straight through FFX with a few sidequest but I want to do em all now O and does anyone know why after catching 10 different species from 10 different areas the man still hasn't given me the sceptre for the magus sisters? I had them on my first game but I saved over that :\ are you only allowed to get one of the special chest? Cuz I got the chest for Nirvana already. Thanks
    www.gamefaqs.com
    Figaro Castle

neslug requires patience, probably 200agi, 120+ magic , and doublecasted ultimas are prefered.... flares work... id have to say 1 mp cost will save your ethers and turbo ethers majorly so and copycat is good if you dont have flares/ultima...

IMO nesulg is easy once you know how to deal with him... but it means you need ot have seriously filled your grid's empty slots with magic, agility, and str spheres.

whats worse... is magic means you need to fight jumbo flan who requires more or less.. anima, with haste, reflect, slow and curaga.

IMO neslug is not worth the effort until you hit for 99999 every hit, can get a reasonable 40k total damage for your flares/ultimas as he ducks into his shell after a certian amount of damage at which point he casts curaga and has regen and is also immune to physical damage.

Wakka's attack reels at 99999 each are pretty helpful. Then you can entrust other character's overdrives to him again and repeat.

Nemesis is a bit tougher. The way i beat him was to basically sacrifice one of my aeons whenever he was about to attack. Anybody else beat Nemesis? I'm curious about other ppl's strategies.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I beat Nemesis by Grand Summoning Yojimbo. Paid him 77777 Gil for Zanmato. Too tiresome to beat Nemesis the other way. I've got a 'dream team' of three characters with near-maximum stats and celestial weapons; simply cast Hastega on them and use Quick Hits until the CTB gauge shows that Nemesis' turn is coming up next. Summon an Aeon to protect the party, then continue. It helps to have at least one character with Auto Life, just in case.

nemesis only counters overdrives. all you need to do really is just keep using autolife and any attack. 1 mp cost helps. i mugged like 10 warp spheres and 8 level 4 key spheres by the time i finished with him. its pretty easy as long as you ahve auto haste, 1 mp cost and autolife on all chars. being able to hit for 99999 also helps but i didnt bother to quick hit knowing he had plenty of goodies for me

'The Pumpkin Queen' pixie_demon's Avatar

i finished the monster arena. cant remember how, just know that i did!!!!

Originally posted by pixie_demon
    i finished the monster arena. cant remember how, just know that i did!!!!
    lol check your game for a mark of conquest what does it say?

'The Pumpkin Queen' pixie_demon's Avatar

lol check your game for a mark of conquest what does it say?
    haha smarty pants!!

i meant i couldnt remeber how i beat nemisis

Well, I think that with esp you can complete the monster arena without much problem. Is only cath 10 of every species. The really difficult one is Nemesis (Summun I've heard on other versions), to kill it you have at least have 30000 hp and 255 on defense and strenge, a few luck and..... try that Nemesis don't kill you