Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >> Monster arena..

i have 10 of every monster in the arena but nemesis hasnt been unlocked yet. do i have to fight ALL the monsters? bah. i have yet to fight earth eater and the other one who drops luck spheres.. i just need luck spheres to max out all the stats on my characters (except kimahri and wakka :rolleyes2 )

yes, to unlock nemesis you need 10 of every monster and beat all of them, incluiding original, species and area conquest. The luck is good, if you have high luck you'll never miss an atack

ill get around to maxing out my luck stats eventually... there really isnt anything more i can extract from my 112 hour game

im more afraid to fight neslug than nemesis tho :rolleyes2

Originally posted by soulICE
    ill get around to maxing out my luck stats eventually... there really isnt anything more i can extract from my 112 hour game

im more afraid to fight neslug than nemesis tho :rolleyes2
    quickhit neslug till he retreats into his shell then doublecast ultima for at least 30k a cast and use blitz ace till the shell shatters. then continue quick hitting till its dead...

Originally posted by Evoc
    yes, to unlock nemesis you need 10 of every monster and beat all of them, incluiding original, species and area conquest. The luck is good, if you have high luck you'll never miss an atack
    you only need to beat the creations. area species and original.. and you dont really need high luck.. its penance that requires luck. nemesis takes every hit at base luck.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by xenapan
    nemesis only counters overdrives. all you need to do really is just keep using autolife and any attack...
    you only need to beat the creations. area species and original..
    More differences between the US and PAL versions of the game, I think. I've got hte PAL version, and Nemesis always counter-attacks when you try to Steal. Also, it's necessary to capture 10 of every monster, as well as defeating all of the 'arena specials' before you can challenge Nemesis.

Originally posted by Big D
    More differences between the US and PAL versions of the game, I think. I've got hte PAL version, and Nemesis always counter-attacks when you try to Steal. Also, it's necessary to capture 10 of every monster, as well as defeating all of the 'arena specials' before you can challenge Nemesis.
    your making me jealous... i only bought FFX like 2 months ago... and im still wishing i got the PAL version. the NA realease is totally downgraded comparatively but im still wishing i could fight penance and the dark aeons >_<

nemesis doesnt counter when i mug (i havent tried steal yet) but i think you got confused with my saying "area species and original" its meant to be "area, species, and original" :P aka all the monsters he creates and capturing 10 of every monster i thought was a given :P

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I think Monster arena is the same in all the FFX versions..
    by the way i finally beat Nemesis. from my experience he doesnt counter phisical, phisical/skill and magic attacks.. he counter overdrives and special abilities like lancet and such...
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Nemesis is easy.

Just have:

200 str
    255 def
    255 mag def
    mag -
    eva -
    agility 255+auto haste
    acc -
    luck over 120 will grant you critical hits

The stats with - next to them mean nothing. You don't need to raise them.

Have over 30,000 Hp. He wont be able to do anything against you.

Have auto life on. Just if you want to play it safe.

btw, the dark aeons and penance were harder.

This is a fight against dark bahamut:

You hit him, or at least "try" to. After 5 times he auto counters with impulse. Without ribbon, your characters get turned to stone and shatter.

If you have ribbon. Well you just get hit with 6k of damage, full break and an unpreventable slow status (yup only auto haste can prevent it). Not so bad at all :rolleyes2

question: to get aurons celestial powerup I need 10x of each monster and 10 diff monsters from 10 diff area?
    "Prepare yourself!, yahhhhhhh"

man nemesis was such a pain. Congrats to those who managed to beat him. I was doing ok, but i just got bored of doing all that damage to him so many times and no death. I just looked at him, hit him some more times to get out the rage of him not dying, and then showed him by turning him off! MWUAHAHA! lol
    BURGLEFICKLE!