Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ??

Default ??

Does anyone know if Final Fantasy XII will be an online game like Final Fantasy XI?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There might be online aspects. But I'm pretty sure it will be like all the final fantasies before XI.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I recently got a magazine with a 7 page article on FFXII, and it says,

"When asked about the likelihood of online elements to FF12, Yasumi Matsuno replied "no".

So yeah I think as Gau says it will be like all the other Final Fantasies before XI *is glad*
    rawr

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Plus one thing to keep in mind is that to create and maintain the infrastructure for an online game is enormous, so to keep putting new online games out every two years would be very expensive, and not very cost effective, as you rwould liquidate your market of potential subscribers.

If Square-Enix produces another online game, it will be either because FFXI can't keep up with the demand and another game is needed to help keep up wit the demand or because they are sunsetting FFXI for whatever reason and are ready to replace it.
    Figaro Castle

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I don't think FF should have gone online in the first place. Square was just jumping on the ol' MMORPG bandwagon.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Well, I think they SHOULD have had an online game, but rather than having it be the NEXT one, have it stand alone. I'm proud to say I've played every Final Fantasy, but now I probably won't play XI. It should've been Final Fantasy Online, and FFXII should have been called FFXI. At least, that's the way I see it...
    Elionai Eli Adullam

Originally posted by SuperPac
    Well, I think they SHOULD have had an online game, but rather than having it be the NEXT one, have it stand alone. I'm proud to say I've played every Final Fantasy, but now I probably won't play XI. It should've been Final Fantasy Online, and FFXII should have been called FFXI. At least, that's the way I see it...
    Ditto.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Originally posted by Lamia
    Ditto.
    yea, thats what i thought. cus around here the game is like £39.99 and the modem and set up and everything for the PS is like £40.00 and the subscription (monthly) to get online is £15 and then if they put a charge on the game it self, pa i cant afford that kinda money
    Quote Originally Posted by My Mate Nats
    awww
    i love you matt
    you rock
    you always cheer me up
    you make me giggle
    oh...trout....i dont love you in that way

No, it's not on-line... It's completely off-line...

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
    Plus one thing to keep in mind is that to create and maintain the infrastructure for an online game is enormous, so to keep putting new online games out every two years would be very expensive, and not very cost effective, as you rwould liquidate your market of potential subscribers.

If Square-Enix produces another online game, it will be either because FFXI can't keep up with the demand and another game is needed to help keep up wit the demand or because they are sunsetting FFXI for whatever reason and are ready to replace it.
    Funny that, they are bringing out Front Mission Online and have plans for future games. The POL viewer isn't JUST for FFXI, it's for alot of online features they are going to be making. I guess they wanted FF to be in on it too for one game.

But yeah, this one will be offline. I love the original FF's so it will be good. ^_^

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Omecle
    Funny that, they are bringing out Front Mission Online and have plans for future games. The POL viewer isn't JUST for FFXI, it's for alot of online features they are going to be making. I guess they wanted FF to be in on it too for one game.

But yeah, this one will be offline. I love the original FF's so it will be good. ^_^
    Right, Front Mission Online will cater towards a different set of gamers. I was referring to another Final Fantasy style game. There would be very little return on investment as the same people would be playing that instead of FFXI, which is a waste at this point.
    Figaro Castle

iam glad its not another online game, i prefer final fantasy games to be 1 player games there much more fun that way

Grin Great info on XII!!!!

Heres sum facts-

1. FFXII will not be an online game.
    2. It will guest star people from other FFs. My guess is someone like Marche or Montblanc for FF Tactics Advance.
    3. It MAY contain a job system.
    4. It will contain a 1st and 3rd person view whilst roaming.
    5. You MAY be able to gain and deduct life whilst roaming, along with jumping around and interacting with the area.

Hope dat answers sum of ur questions!!!!
    "Its all coming back to me, the true..." - Sora, Kingdom Hearts

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Default Re: Great info on XII!!!!

Originally posted by 01chapmanh
    Heres sum facts-

2. It will guest star people from other FFs. My guess is someone like Marche or Montblanc for FF Tactics Advance.
    Care to back up your facts?
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Re: Re: Great info on XII!!!!

Originally posted by DocFrance
    Care to back up your facts?
    But he said that it may contain a job system and interacting with the surrounding area. How could you ever doubt him?
    Figaro Castle