Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the first system you owned

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default the first system you owned

what was the first home video game system you owned?

for me it was the NES

I liberated my bros. Atari from him but soon after that came the NES.

------------------------------------------
    |Gallery|

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good old chunky 4-battery-consuming Gameboy with Tetris on it I don't think I've owned any other system since, other than my PC.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

NES with Super Mario/Duck Hunt packaged in. My dad played it and when he got the fire flower I said 'Whoa! You grew a flower!!' I was more excitable then.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Other than pre-gameboy hand helds that run on those tiny circle batteries, the NES

I've played with an atari before though. Pong was fun

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Atari..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles

NES. It all comes back to the NES.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Atari. I'd still have it if not for my well meaning but absent minded grandmother.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Atari 2600. Then NES. I still have/play the NES.

NES

I LOVE KID ICARUS.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Game Boy, I still have many games even if I dont play anymore.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Sega Megadrive/Genesis was the first system I ever owned of my own. I didn't own many games, just Sonic 1 and a few other things. Before that I played on the C64 and Amiga though but they were my brother's computers.

And I still have my Sega, got it out to play Sonic the other day. Emulators are all very well but nothing beats the real thing
    rawr

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Atari 2600 and then Commodore 64 and then NES. Then it gets and stays normal from there on out.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll just list my consoles/computers in order of purchase, because I'm a little bored at the moment:

1) Atari 520 Ste - I was five years old when my Dad bought me this 'Personal Computer' of sorts. It was advanced for it's time, and it came with some great games (Buggy Boy, Nebulus and Rick Dangerous). I first started to learn to type on this machine, and it's the early experience of typing that's really helped me to get to the speed that I'm at now.

2) NES - My Grandad bought me a NES when I was about six years old, and it came with Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. I spent hours playing it, and the Atari got neglected for quite a while. Super Mario Bros 2 and Donkey Kong Classic Collection were next, and I spent ages playing those, too.

3) Megadrive/Genesis - My Dad bought me this when I was about ten or eleven, and it came with Sonic the Hedgehog. I loved it, but I still went back to the NES from time to time. I used to love playing the Double Dragon and Golden Axe games on this amazing machine with my Dad and Friends.

4) Game Boy - My Grandma bought me a Game Boy when I was twelve years old, and it came with Super Mario Land, Donkey Long Land and Super Mario Land 2. I enjoyed playing it, but the screen sucked, and the colour of the Game Boy itself was bright yellow. Yuck!

5) SNES - When I was thirteen, my Grandma gave me some money, and I bought this beautiful machine with it. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Street Fighter II and Zelda III were just a few of the amazing games I owned for this brilliant system. The SNES remains my favourite console to date.

6) Nintendo 64 - I was about fifteen when I bought an N64, and I didn't like it at first. I absolutely detested Mario 64, and Body Harvest and Blast Corps weren't up to much, either. Mario Kart 64 got me hooked again, and the release of Zelda: OoT really got me playing! I loved Zelda, as I'd never played anything quite like it. Plus, the wrestilng games on the '64 (WCW/NWO World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge) were unbelievably good.

6) PSOne - I bought myself a playstation when I first started work, and I really liked it. Tomb Raider II was enjoyable, and I played for hours on the demo disks that someone gave to me. Then, I found Final Fantasy VII, and never looked back. Since that one game, I've bought every other Final Fantasy game that there is to buy (in compilations or otherwise), and I've enjoyed them immensely.

7) PS2 - not bad, not bad. This is probably my least favourite console of all time. Yep, that's right, I preferred the NES to the PS2. The games got more boring over time, and I just couldn't be bothered with them any more. Only a few games stick in my memory from the PS2, and they are FFX, Ico, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil and WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain. I've tried the other so-called 'classic' games of this system, and I believe that they suck.

8) Gamecube - I bought myself one of these about a year ago, and I enjoyed it a lot at first. Mario Sunshine sucked terribly, but the amazing Wave Race: Blue Storm and the addictive Luigi's Mansion made me believe in the console once again. Oh, and I mustn't forget about Rogue Squadron - that was excellent.

9) Game Boy Advance - My latest purchase. Unfortunately, the games I have are all SNES remakes, and although they're good, I'm longing for a brand new Mario or Zelda game to have a go at. However, I do love my little 'Advancey' very much, and she's not going anywhere just yet.

Well, that was fun, I guess. I own many more consoles than this, but I can't be bothered to list them all.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"