View Poll Results: Best Metallica album?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill 'Em All (1983)

0 0%
  • Ride the Lightning (1984)

3 13.64%
  • Master of Puppets (1986)

8 36.36%
  • ...And Justice For All (1988)

0 0%
  • Metallica (1991)

9 40.91%
  • Load (1996)

2 9.09%
  • Reload (1997)

0 0%
  • Garage Inc. (1998)

0 0%
  • S&M (1999)

0 0%
  • St. Anger (2003)

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Best... that's hard. The Black Album or Ride the Lightning, probablly.

Worst is clearly St. Anger. Not a single good song on it... I mean, even Load had one or two good songs.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Originally posted by Skogs
    Metallica is their best album, but I go very much against the grain by saying I kind of like the stuff on Load and Reload. I guess I'm not snooty enough to be a 'real' metal fan.
    I love Load/Reload. Not as metal music, but just because it does sound really f***** good if you think its not Metallica.

Originally posted by Jrgen
    Rammstein uses drop D tuning in some songs.
    I wouldn't call them rap/rock
    I wasnt saying all Drop D is Rap/Rock...Playing in drop D may be easy as hell, but man is it fun! Rammstein and others play their drop D alot differently than Limp Bizkit or POD. I wish I could find my Rammstein CD. That was good stuff.
    We need more votes for Puppets, although all of its good.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

"Master Of Puppets", but any album before "Load" is great, so it's a very hard choice.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Metallica The Black Album. I do not like the sound of St. Anger.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

i dont like metallica at all. i think that they are way over rated, and make bad music. i dont really mind their old stuff, but i absolutly HATE all their new songs, and especially saint anger. ive pretty much heard every one of their songs, due to one of my best friends loves them, but i can honestly say i dont like any 1 of their songs. now they are just a bunch of old men who sold out and are in a mid life crisis now. your time in the sun has passes metallica, break up and die please. the only possible way i can listen to any of their songs, and not comit suicide, is if i play them on my stereo and hit the kareoke(sp) button so i dont have to hear their awful lyrics and terrible lead singers voice.

Banned

Originally posted by Thunder God Cid
    i dont like metallica at all. i think that they are way over rated, and make bad music. i dont really mind their old stuff, but i absolutly HATE all their new songs, and especially saint anger. ive pretty much heard every one of their songs, due to one of my best friends loves them, but i can honestly say i dont like any 1 of their songs. now they are just a bunch of old men who sold out and are in a mid life crisis now. your time in the sun has passes metallica, break up and die please. the only possible way i can listen to any of their songs, and not comit suicide, is if i play them on my stereo and hit the kareoke(sp) button so i dont have to hear their awful lyrics and terrible lead singers voice.
    Does the fact that they are old and sold out make
    the music before they sold out bad?

Im glad those old farts are still around. That way I can still catch at least 1 concert a year from them. At least this year I wont have to drive 5 hours.

Personally, I think they should quit. They used to be awesome, but there are steadily going mainstream. On the radio the other day, they were saying that now that theyve started playing some of the old metallica, some people are calling in asking who that was. These are actually the people who say that they are fans, but have never even heard master of puppets.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

If they havent heard of MOP, they are not fans!! I say if you like there older stuff...fan or not, still go see them in concert if you can afford too. they play alot of old stuff with maybe 2 or 3 st. anger songs.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Hey, if it sounds like rap rock to me, it is rap rock for me. When I confuse the new Metallica song with a new Limp Bizkit song, then it's rap rock to me. Don't care for the reasons why.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

RIP free Napster

Just because a band's popularity goes slightly more mainstream dosn't make them sellouts. For god's sake, 98.58% of 12 year olds who listen to Britney Spears aren't going to distinguish between old and new Metallica. I think it's good that a band can evolve and change, instead of pandering to their 'fans' nostalgia

Banned

Originally posted by Skogs
    Just because a band's popularity goes slightly more mainstream dosn't make them sellouts. For god's sake, 98.58% of 12 year olds who listen to Britney Spears aren't going to distinguish between old and new Metallica. I think it's good that a band can evolve and change, instead of pandering to their 'fans' nostalgia
    In Metallicas case they really did sell out.
    And they didn't evolve, they devolved.
    The music both sounded worse and was more simple(doesn't have to be negative).

They started making a somewhat new type of music that was awsome.
    Then they got famous doing that music and got lots of money.

Then they became greedy bitches and started making pop.

If they were still producing the same old thrash metal they'd be scoffed at for churning the same old tired thing. AC/DC aren't the force they once were. Why? Because one AC/DC album sounds pretty much exactly like the next. Metallica haven't gone pop by any stretch of the imagination. For Load and ReLoad they've incorporated elements of bluesier rock and even a bit of country into their sound. St. Anger goes back to their more aggressive roots, but takes a more minimalist approach with their sound. I stand by my praise of them for not pandering to their fans' nostalgia.

Change can be good, if it's for the better. I mean, The Black Album wasn't like the previous albums, really, and the direction they started to go in with Load ( I liked Hero of the Day) could have worked, but the songs just didn't work there. St. Anger is just... change to try to pander to Linkin Park fans.