View Poll Results: Best Metallica album?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill 'Em All (1983)

0 0%
  • Ride the Lightning (1984)

3 13.64%
  • Master of Puppets (1986)

8 36.36%
  • ...And Justice For All (1988)

0 0%
  • Metallica (1991)

9 40.91%
  • Load (1996)

2 9.09%
  • Reload (1997)

0 0%
  • Garage Inc. (1998)

0 0%
  • S&M (1999)

0 0%
  • St. Anger (2003)

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

It's all Bob Rocks fault!!
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

I don't really have a favourite. I guess Load is the one I've listened to most, although the second half is pretty bad (except for "Mama's Song" - nothing like, erm, country metal?).

Lars Ulrich is the biggest prat in rock.

Originally posted by Thunder God Cid
    i dont like metallica at all. i think that they are way over rated, and make bad music. i dont really mind their old stuff, but i absolutly HATE all their new songs, and especially saint anger. ive pretty much heard every one of their songs, due to one of my best friends loves them, but i can honestly say i dont like any 1 of their songs. now they are just a bunch of old men who sold out and are in a mid life crisis now. your time in the sun has passes metallica, break up and die please. the only possible way i can listen to any of their songs, and not comit suicide, is if i play them on my stereo and hit the kareoke(sp) button so i dont have to hear their awful lyrics and terrible lead singers voice.
    ^^^
    Pretty much word for word what he said. The only thing that has to do with Metallica that I've ever enjoyed was Apocalyptica. Cellos. Yum.

i like em a lot. i saw them in concert. they be my fav.

i liked load and master of puppets.

they kick ass.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Yes, and I don't care what anyone says. They are smegging awesome live!

Both of my brothers loved Metallica back in the '80s. My older brother bought the Black Album, and was pretty disappointed with it. He loved the older, metal albums. I didn't mind the Black Album, but it bugged me how that every track besides "Of Wolf And Man" that didn't receive mucho radio airplay sucked monkey balls. Load was a passable album; they were taking their music to a new direction. Not quite as great as their '80s Metal stuff, but decent and listenable. ReLoad, I didn't like at all. Garage Inc. was good, but mostly for Disc 2, the older recordings. (They made those old Misfits songs modern. Yay.)

When it's all said and done, their bast album overall was "Master Of Puppets". Cliff Burton's last record with the band, and man, it's brings a tear because he would've made "...And Justice For All" an even better album than it was.

But, they suck now. I've never heard anything from St. Anger, and from what opinions I've heard, I don't really want to listen. Going after Napster really made me lose alot of respect for this band, since they defied their old ethics of being against industry. Just shows that if you wave enough money in most peoples' faces, they can (and will) change their beliefs.

Ride The Lightning. Go Dave Mustaine.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Blog Entries

I don't really like Metallica. I dunno just don't.

I can't put into words how good the black album is. Unbelievable. I listen to it a dozen times a week. It's probably my favorite album ever, and I am not really a metal fan first. They've really gone downhill though. I think the black album is their last album that I really and truly like. Listen to how aggressively Metallica fights against greed on "...and Justice For All" and listen to how they speak and see how they act now. Sure, they're entitled to all they've earned but Lars is more like Gollum than I care to mention.

Metalica were good and they started alot of stuff ages ago....
    Then nu metal came along and bands like linkin park were copying the old bands like metalica and making it a bit "nu" and they made loads of money from it. Then metalica decided that they would copy these nu metal band themselves coz they could get some money from it. nowadays all they are good for is when 11 year olds want to "rebel against society" they buy a metalica hoody and buy a cd or two and think that because they enjoy st anger that they are metal fans. Metalica trade on their image and nowadays are no better than britney spears or the cheeky girls or the ever increasing breed of pop idol winners who give a about nothing other than money.

I hear metalica are making a computer game now.....
    Manchester United 1999
    Dr. Dre 2001
    Smashing Pumpkins 1979

:o Yes...they are making a video game sadly. all it is going to be is twisted metal with Meatallica music. As much of a fan as I am I am definetly not buying it. I can just play PGR2 with all my Metallica cds burned on the XBOX hard drive.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Isn't that video game something like wrestling? One band fighting another band? If that's it there are a lot of bands on it and I plan an buying it 'cause Marilyn Manson will be on it as well.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Originally posted by Leeza
    Isn't that video game something like wrestling? One band fighting another band? If that's it there are a lot of bands on it and I plan an buying it 'cause Marilyn Manson will be on it as well.
    not the Metallica game. You might be thinking of Celeberty Deathmatch or somthing, but could be somthing else. That sound pretty cool though...I might buy that.

1. Master of Puppets
    2. Ride the Lightning
    3. Kill 'em All
    4. ...And Justice for All

I have no ranking for all the 'Lica (Metallica without the 'Metal') and nu-Metallica albums. Can't stand any of them. They were nothing near the same band they used to be in the 80s after the self titled Sell-Out Album came out.

Graves more or less summed up my thoughts 100%. Although what really would have made AJFA great is if the sound of the album hadn't sucked monkey balls.

I voted for Puppets, obviously.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)