Thread: Couple of materia questions

Default Couple of materia questions

I need to know where to find command counter, x-item, magic counter, and w-item. I know that w-item is in the midgar underground, but where is it exactly? I also need to know if summon materia, blue materia, or purple materia duplicates itself if they get mastered. Also, I know how to get master summon and master magic, but what do they do? And lastly, can you sell mastered summon materia?

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

W-Item is in the train tunnels when you invade Midgar (parachute into it) towards the end of the game. Run backwards (down) for about a dozen screens and it is down there.

There is no X-Item materia.

Yes, all materia (minus the three master materias) duplicate themselves when they are mastered.

When you equip a master summon or master magic, you have access to all spells or summons and it only takes one materia slot. So you can link a MP Turbo or something of the sort to the master materia to get the effect to all spells or summons. Also, If you have a master summon, you can call the summons as many times as you want.
    Figaro Castle

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Im not sure if you can sell a master magic or summon materia, but I think that would be stupid. You should have about 20 mastered all materia before you even get mastered summon materia. just sell all of them since they do exactly the same thing as unmastered.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

I'm asking if I could master Shiva or Choco/Mog or something, duplicate it, and sell the mastered one. Or having multiple mastered KOTR and selling one for a heap of gil. And I knew the W-Item was in the tunnels, I missed it last time I played though. So I just go backwards twelve times?

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

heres a link for exact directions to the w-item materia

W-item

Mastered materia can not be sold (like master magic, master summon etc).

If you want quick gil sell mastered all materia, its one of the easiest to master and sells for a million gil. Just fill a triple growth weaon with them.

Counter is found in the northern cave when you split into groups take the left path. I go back through each path for exp, ap, not to mention that your group only grabs 1/2 of all that is there to get.

If you want mastered materia quick beat emerald weapon and you get an earth harp (I think thats what its called). Take it to that old man in Kalm and he gives you a mater magic, master summon, and a master command materia

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

The best materia to sell when it's mastered is an All. If I'm not mistaken you get 14,000,000 Gil just for one!

But Im saying that this way, I could master useless summons like Shiva and Choco/Mog, split them, and sell the first one I mastered. And the command counter is in northern cave, or the normal counter?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you really wanted to sell your lower leveled mastered summons while you wait on your higher leveled ones to be master you could. Or you could keep them once you have them mastered, and rather than master more low level summons that you won't use, you could equip different materia, like support materia, and master those for new ones instead.
    Figaro Castle

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Originally posted by katana
    But Im saying that this way, I could master useless summons like Shiva and Choco/Mog, split them, and sell the first one I mastered. And the command counter is in northern cave, or the normal counter?
    This is foolish though. Heres a math question for you

if mastered shiva sells for exactly 50,000 gil and mastered chocomog sells for exactly 35,000 gil yet take longer to master than All which sells for exactly 1,400,000 gil which is the smarter to sell?? Especially if you need those weak summons to get master summon materia so you'd have to spend time REMASTERING them, which is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!

Ahem, sorry about that. But yeah if you do it the way you mentioned you are a fool. But hey, its your time not mine

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Daryn
    This is foolish though. Heres a math question for you

if mastered shiva sells for exactly 50,000 gil and mastered chocomog sells for exactly 35,000 gil yet take longer to master than All which sells for exactly 1,400,000 gil which is the smarter to sell?? Especially if you need those weak summons to get master summon materia so you'd have to spend time REMASTERING them, which is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!

Ahem, sorry about that. But yeah if you do it the way you mentioned you are a fool. But hey, its your time not mine
    He's talking about selling them because he doesn't need them. i.e. If I'm mastering three sets of materia, I would have 10 of the lesser ones while the higher ones finish mastering. Now why he doesn't equip something else on his equipment in place of the lesser summons after three are mastered is beyond me.
    Figaro Castle

I've noticed that some guides/walkthroughs/faqs mistakenly call the W-Item materia X-Item.

Just to clear that up.

Reina