Thread: OpenGL

Default OpenGL

I need to know where I can download openGL. I need it to play Oni, and Oni has an OpenGL setup but it always messes up. If anyone else has this problem and knows how to fix it, I need help.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Shouldn't you just need a graphics card? To my knowledge opengl isn't like Direct X were you need to download something.

I could be wrong and if I am you should be able to find something over at www.download.com

Does your graphics card support OpenGl? If you download the latest DirectX, the latest drivers for your graphics card and your motherboard drivers (I found this out the hard way - I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled, but didn't know that motherboard drivers were required for your video card to work - that took me a while to figure out) you have everything you need.

EDIT:// *fixes typo*
    Last edited by Skogs; 01-29-2004 at 01:55 AM.

Well, Oni worked a long time ago. Then my computer got wiped and I had to reinstall everything Oni never worked again after that, so I kept trying until finally I gave up. I know that Oni comes with that OpenGL file, so I think that got damaged somehow and just wont load properly anymore.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, getting the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's website is usually enough to fix OpenGL too, as far as I know.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ive gotta consider this, though. Go to the trouble of getting a new graphics card, or by another Oni for ten bucks. I think Ill try the second, because like I said it worked before, so I think there is an error with the auto loader in the disk.