Thread: Evil, evil chocobos

Default Evil, evil chocobos

Okay, Im having a problem with the chocobos here. To get green, you need a male good chocobo from gold saucer and a female great chocobo from Mideel. Combine them and you get a green mountain chocobo. Do the opposite to get the blue river chocobo. The only problem is, they are all green! The chocobos are never blue! Note that this is my second time playing through and that I didnt have this problem at all last time.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Firstly try switching the sexes. Any combination of great and good chocobos with a carob nut will give you a green or blue. It is random, so you can save and keep resetting if you want, but I always had the most success by changing the two sexes around. Also you should always have both on S class. So try that first. Also get the great chocobo from another spot. Great Chocobos can be found either on the tracks near Mideel or on the tracks in the Northwest corner of the Western Continent. I will pretty much guarentee this to work for you but remember always save before breeding. If you dont know how to get black and gold come back and Ill let ya know

EDIT*

I just remembered, if you want a gold chocobo the easy way beat Ruby Weapon, and the old man in Kalm will give you one for the desert rose

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Originally posted by Daryn
    Also you should always have both on S class.
    actually i've gotten no problems at all when my chocos were on B or A class. I had a Great Male and a GoodFemale breed, then a Good Male and a Great Female Breed. My result was a Female Green and a Male Blue (which i named Terra and Locke, because of my obsession with FFVI). but in my second game i bred two Greats together and the result was ALWAYS Male Green, no matter how many times i reset and tried again.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

I say to always have them on S class because stats carry over. It does make the breeding easier (as ive breeded A classes and just got a yellow chocobo) And if you breed S classes the chocobos become easier to control (I have gotten a black with B class green and blue, and he was a pain in the butt). Plus if you want to complete the chocobo sidequest and win the 10 races in S class with a Gold you have to beat that hard guy (Joe??) and you get the *SPOILER*Sprint Shoes, Cat's Bell, Chocobracelet, Precious Watch, and Counter Attack.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Daryn
    I just remembered, if you want a gold chocobo the easy way beat Ruby Weapon, and the old man in Kalm will give you one for the desert rose
    No point. If you want to beat Ruby Weapon, you'll most likely want KOTR. And to get KOTR, you'll need a gold chocobo. Besides the Gold Chocobo you get is crap (when you race it)

If you beat ruby you get a gold chocobo. thats all you need to get KOTR. And you dont need to race a chocobo once that way...ever. and then you can get all the materias