Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by DJzen
    Wow, you must really hate FF games then, considering the gameplay is basically FF1 with a jump button and the graphics are just FF4 graphics with cartoonier monsters. And yes, the story is somewhat lacking, but really only when you compare it to other FF games. If you just consider it for its individual merits it's a perfectly fine game.
    Right, FF1 with all of the fun removed and totally flat and retarded characters.

See, a lot of people slam on FF1 because the main characters don't...actually have characters, but it's a sort of game where it's actually fun to build your characters up and buy new spells and stuff.

The battles in MQ are too easy, completely unrewarding, and a complete waste of time. Just like the rest of the game.

I agree that FF1 rocks.

So what if the characters don't have character? That makes them more personal, and you can connect more with them if you imagine them to be a game representation of yourself. [/philosophy]

Originally posted by Sadia
    So what if the characters don't have character? That makes them more personal, and you can connect more with them if you imagine them to be a game representation of yourself. [/philosophy]
    I have to agree with this. In FF1 I always made characters with names of me and my friends, and kinda favored "my" character.

Battling Seizure Robot Daventhalas's Avatar

I always felt the lack of set characters made FF1 the best game in the world. And that's just how it is. In fact, any game that has a voiceless main character, like chrono trigger or suikoden, is a great game. While games that have a main character are iffy.

If the main character is all angsty... well.. I don't want to play him, I want to slap him.

And FFMQ is terrible. It's nothing like FF1 at all. Here's how things go:

#1 Game: FF1
    Worst Game ever: FFMQ (good musci though)

I quite like it. The music is awesome for a SNES game, and the graphics are pretty good once you restore the Crystals, as at the start the graphics are all brown and grey, and when you restore the Earth Crystal, it gets all colourful and flowery. Being able to jump and attack on the field is pretty cool. I jump through the towns and dungeons because its faster (Due to my USELESS 100 MHz computer....). Benjamins attitude is pretty funny too.

Its not great, but it is pretty fun. Almost everyone I know hates it or scorns it, and they havent even played it. You want to see a REALLY bad game, then play FF Legends 1-3 and FF Adventure on the Game Boy (SHUDDER)

Battling Seizure Robot Daventhalas's Avatar

[SB] You want to see a REALLY bad game, then play FF Legends 1-3 and FF Adventure on the Game Boy (SHUDDER)
    FF Adventure was orignally Seiken Densetsu 1 wasn't it? It is an awesome game. I can never get enough of it, and actually finished it a few times for kicks.

The FFL's are the NES SaGa's are they not? They're not too bad... but like FF Adventure I think they got tagged with the FF label to trick us into thinking they were FF goodness. Which they weren't. Much like FFMQ. It just wasn't much of an FF, and I'll hate it forever.

Yes, my FFMQ hatred can never die.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think this hatred is healthy, Daven.It's not like FFMQ raped your sister or something. It can sit in the corner and suck all day for all I care.

i dunno, disgracing the name of final fantasy as mq does is pretty abominable imo.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Disgrace the name of FF? That just sounds a touch..... touched..... I agree, the characters are pretty flat, but the game wasn't supposed to have an epic plot line or have deep interpersonal relationships, it's just a "quick, go save the world!" story. It's only there to give you an excuse to go kill tons of monsters. The real fun comes in stomping the bosses and getting treasure, which is kinda why I like RPGs anyway.

Also, the original SaGa games which were released here as Final Fantasy Legend I-III were released for the game boy in Japan, not famicom.

FFL 1+2= Crappy turn based no-stragety Fire Emblems.
    FFMQ= Underrated game which definatly deserves more love than it gets.
    I personally think FF2 is the ugly stepchild of the FF seires. I'm very close to beating MQ right now, so I can say that I'm enjoying it alot right now, and I just don't know why.
    "We have a boat! Now we can travel and see buetiful women all around the world.. Hey, I'm joking!"
    -Desh, Final Fantasy III

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

just for kicks

this is the best line ever:

Tips, Tricks, and Other Cool Stuff

-- Fight every enemy you see. You will eventually defeat any enemy you ever come across.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I never completed Mystic Quest. I think I got to some underground temple thing early on, and this Ninja dude goes with you and there's a boss, but I just got bored, and yeah.

I loved it, kinda, as you could JUMP! One of the greatest features in any FF game of all time. I'd just leap around towns and over NPCs and stuff. BOING BOING BOING!