Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VI and VII

Default VI and VII

Yeah i have a quick question for everyone, i havnt played VI yet, but i will be soon....
    So I guess this is the question....is VI better then VII, because personally to me FFVII is the best game ever

*Hides* "DONT THROW STONES AT ME PLEASE!"

Check out the clones!
    (I call the third one Skippy!)

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There's no way to prove that one is better than another, but being an avid fan of FFVII, FFVI is just fantastic. I put them both at an equal level, and they're both fantastic.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's opinion, and if you already have it in your head that VII is better, you'll have a hard time accepting VI as it's better. I personally feel that VI is far far better than VII.

Some people say that VI is the best, while others says VII is the best. So yea, it's basically based on opinion.

Personally, I think VI is better than VII, though IX is the best.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, this is an ongoing debate, along with FFVII vs. FFVIII.

Personally I think that FFVI is better than FFVII, but that's just me. My best suggestion is to just to try playing it and see if you enjoy it.
    Figaro Castle

Articles

Possibly this should go in General Final Fantasy?

Its all dependant on opinion my friend.

Here in lies the problem. Most of all the players of FF started playing FFVII first, and that game is highly addicting for it's twist, humor, dark secrets, and a better love story, and the story is more realistic in the fantasy sense. FFVII and FFVI are very similar in the overall story: a group of rebel is defending the land against a larger and evil coporation that searches to find an ancient power to conquer the world but find that there is something else behind it all. If I had gotten it through my head that the story of FFVII copied FFVI, not FFVI copied the story of FFVII, then I might have enjoyed it more. FFVI is worth playing, but for some reason FFV grabbed me more than FFVI.
    Hey

Must...prevent....overwhelming hate on...the...mention...of FFVII..........

rofl, just kidding :P

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I think the debate is really just between old-school heads and new-school heads. The old direction vs. the new direction. Amano vs. Nomura. Sadly, neither side can present a good claim over the true superiority of the one over the other. Well, I dunno, maybe that's not so sad.....

now, i dont know about that. i just began playing final fantasy a few years ago, following my beating chronotrigger. on my emulators, i began first w/ ff4 (ff2 to some of u), then ff5 (an english version) then ff6 (or ff3, to some). i must say that ff6 pulled me along more than any other i have played up to and since that time. it remains my avid favorite, much more so than ff7. so before u say "old-schoolers", it depends not on when u played or how old u are, but what games u prefer. just as i prefer a 2-and-sometimes-3 dimesional game, some like the more realistic games.

sorry. im only in highschool, so i dont like being called "old-school".

My opinion of those two games

FF6-My 4th favourite FF
    FF7-My 6th favourite FF

In my opinion it depends if you care more about the gameplay or the graphics.

I don't agree with that, I care much more about gameplay, or my fave FF would be X not VIII. But, I prefer VII because the plot is a lot more twisty turny, and I felt I could relate to the chars a bit better.

But FFVI is like Uber-Excellent too. You gotta play it.
    --Cal

FFVII has pretty crappy graphics really, except in FMVs.

I prefer FFVI. FFVII certainly deserves a fair portion of the attention it gets, but it just doesn't pull me in like FFVI does.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

hello i am new so ill just post here for this great debate.

i think that FFVI and FFVII are about the same. i enjoyed FFVI because it was the most in depth game i had played at the time and i also enjoy FFVII becuase it brought me a new form of fighting and with a very good story line. even tho the graphics werent the best. and i didnt enjoy FFVIII to much tho te graphics where the best i hadd seen in a FF i didnt like the story line to much

Maybe what matters is which game you played in the first place. It's more like the "old-school vs. new-school" debate I had far too many times...

But I consider that the overall quality of each game can make a difference in anyone's choice, and I consider FF6 to be a much better game, and it's my favourite FF (and it wasn't even my first FF).

I'm playing FF7 again lately, and I say it's a little boring... The storyline is too linear, Cloud is a poor main character and the graphics are horrible (it's so bad it hurts my eyes just to look at it). But it has some qualities, it's worth playing sometimes.

In the other hand, I don't play FF6 in a while... But I can say that I love EVERYTHING about that game. The only ploblem is that FF6 is a little too easy, but hey, FF7 wasn't much of a challenge anyway...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.