Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you'd like to see in new Final Fantasys

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Things you'd like to see in new Final Fantasys

They can be things that Square are probably never gonna do, if you like, or things in older FF's that have disappeared more recently.

What I would like to see is something like the "Journal" section in Kingdom Hearts, where the monsters are recorded, and other things like mini games are recorded and you can read more on the characters you meet.

I'd also like something that keeps track of enemies you've killed, and battle statistics, things like that. And after you'd finished the game I'd like you to be able to save all the cut-scenes to watch anytime (although they are supposed to be putting less of those in =( )
    rawr

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Monkies!!! The Final Fantasy needs a whole slew of monkeies in it, maybe even a monkey war with thousands of monkies!

Seriously though, I do miss the midieval theme of the older games. The high technes and such is nice in the newer games but I want the older feel for a game, FFIX just didn't do it for me.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Characters with a more realistic hairstyle. I liked Zidane's hair and Squall's too. But less of that Seymour crap.

About the futuristic vs. medieval argument. I'd say Square should stick with futuristic for the time being. IMO, they haven't done enough with it yet. The closest they've come is FF8. I wanna see some weird futuristic weapons and clothes. More Esthar-like cities too.

Don't get me wrong, I like medieval too. But I can't think of any reasons to support that. But I honestly do like it.

One, they need to bring back the tools that Edgar used. Those were badass.

Rewarding sidequests. Sure, there are some, but most of the time, you only get like 500 Gold or some crappy weapon.

It would also be nice to actually see the armor the character is wearing instead of the default clothes.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I personally like the whole races idea they got going on in FFTA and in FFXII.

But maybe they should bring back Elves and Dwarves! Or would that make it too LoTRish? Well, maybe forget the elves, but keep the classic FFIV/V style dwarves (As opposed to the original FFI ones and the FFIX ones) and maybe call them something different from Dwarves.

Blog Entries

I think the whole Elves and Dwarves thing has been used to death.

But I like the races idea.

A main chracter thats black (goes for other video games too) and not steriotypical.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> A rock band..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

multiple story's sorta like chrono trigger and chrono cross but deeper...maybe a ff game with no random battles but zelda like combat >_<
    How can you trust the Unknown?

FINAL FANTASY: fate of the unknown

If there weren't random battles, it wouldn't really be a legitimate final fantasy title. check out the seiken densetsu series for games with zelda-like combat - they're also three-player games if you can find two extra people to play with you. nice!

Elves and dwarves are used so frequently because Tolkien used them, and he's a starting point for a lot of modern fantasy. Most of the authors/game developers that use them do so out of reverence for Tolkien.

I'd much like something like the Veldt in FFVI to return in a future title. And I agree about the rewarding sidequests thing. Although to be honest a lot of the sidequests are fun just because you CAN do them, not because of what they bring you in the game.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

An Ultra-Secret almost impossible to defeat boss in each game. Also increase the difficulty level a bit. FFX was too damn easy. But Penance however....

Anyway, bring back the medieval setting and include different dimensions, such as the Spirit World. A series that has about 6-7 games all in same universe that goes like a series with a grand finale to end the series.

People used to believe elves are....well, those Santa Claus ones. Tolkien worte a whole new concept of elves, dwarves, etc. which lead to authors writing about Faerun, Krynn, dungeon and dragons, etc...

multiple story's sorta like chrono trigger and chrono cross but deeper
    Oh no...please :P I had a headache researching on the story .

I think we need to bring back some FFVI abilities to life again.

the main reason chrono cross gave people such a headache is the way the story was revealed. if they hadn't thrown half the plot at you on the über-short disc two everything would've been fine.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Originally posted by The Man
    the main reason chrono cross gave people such a headache is the way the story was revealed. if they hadn't thrown half the plot at you on the über-short disc two everything would've been fine.
    You know, I've played through Chrono Cross time and time again, and I always have difficulty thinking about the game, what happened, why it happened, and what the point was of most of the things that occured. It's weird.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".