Thread: Is there a final fantasy (main series) game you've never touched?

Default Is there a final fantasy (main series) game you've never touched?

I'd assume it might be common for Americans to have never played II or III on the NES. I myself have only played them on emulators. Feel free to answer with those, but I'm actually curious if any other FF fans have never played one of the actual US releases.

It just struck me as odd yesterday that there is a copy of FF IX in my house which belongs to my girlfriend, and i have NEVER EVER played it!

I think I must have been involved in beating VI at the time it first came out or something, but I never even had much of a desire to play it. Anyway, I feel slightly "incomplete," as I consider myself a pretty hard core fan, having owned all the games at in the years they were released, and having beaten or at least gotten 90% of the way through every other US released FF game. Should I feel compelled to go play IX, or is it really even worth it? It looks a bit lame to me. I wasn't really too captivated by the other PSX FF's either though, except I liked VIII's junctioning system.

Also, I've never played FF XI, but I don't think that's too unusual. Maybe I'll get around to it, though online play is simply not my thing. :mog:

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Still haven't played FF8 at all, although I've owned it at one point. No idea what happened to it. Haven't played FFXI at all either, but what you said. Yeah.

I also haven't played FF1, FF2, or FF3 for more than fifteen minutes. I'll get Origins when the price drops, and I dunno when FF3's going to come out at a reasonable price.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

i only own the ps and ps2 games of final fantasy.I had a hard time forcing myself through IX.IX wasnt a bad game,it wasnt much in my taste though.I want to buy XI for the simple fact that I will be able to say 'yeah,i own it' but i dont have much desire to play it.As far as the others go,i would love to own them but just dont have the money and they have sense dissapeared from store shelves

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jsut XI and X-2, but they're too new for me or online, so that's why. As far as not playing though, FF2j I've touched the least since it's so awkward and dull to get into at first, so I can't be bothered
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FF11, FF10-2 and FFTA..
    Im not very interested on them anyways..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

FFV, FFX-2, FFXI

I haven't played I-IV for more than, like, an hour each.

FF3, FFX-2 and FFXI... But I'm buying the FFX-2 when it comes out in Europe next month...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I own all the games available here, but I haven't touched II or IV yet. I played 5 a little but haven't gone back to it yet, and also played I for about 20 minutes so far =P FFVIII I keep trying to get into then leave alone cos it bores me too much >_<

I'm slow, but I've just become so addicted to Kingdom Hearts that I haven't had time to play the other FF's I have yet.. I'll probably go play them all sometime in my life, even if it's when I'm old and retired xD
    rawr

FFX and FFT

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FFX-2 and XI, due to the non-releasedness over here yet.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Tactics and XI. I don't plan on ever playing XI. I don't really want to get Tactics because I have Tactics Advance.

Tactics advance looks like the watered-down version of tactics, so im not interested in trying it. Tactics still holds as the best rpg i ever played,
    Also haven't played Mystic Quest, i heard it's sh**t on a stick

I've never played FF11, FF3, FFTA, or FFT.

FF9 is one of the best games in the series play it all the way through. Personally my 2nd fav after 6 (my first), but before 8(my third).

Any FF beyond 8. Though I have played 10 for like, 10 minutes.
    "We have a boat! Now we can travel and see buetiful women all around the world.. Hey, I'm joking!"
    -Desh, Final Fantasy III