Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Conservative Party of EoFF -- Because All The Other Parties Are Dumb

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Loony BoB
    So if a couple of newbies came along into this thread, and politely asked if they could join "can i join ur party??", would you let him? Or would you tell them that you're better than they are, and that they couldn't join?
    BoB, if a couple of newbies came and said "Can I join your" party, I would welcome them. If, however, they said "ur," I would send them back to mandatory schooling. Or else prison.

Oh, and coming back to what you said earlier about me relying on my "popularity": Check your facts. The left wing are the ones who spend money that doesn't exist. My "popularity" ran out years ago. I deal with facts, not fairy tales.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

The problem with conservatives is that their reactionary - always thinking after it already happened.

EDIT:

Whoo-hoo! My first they're/their mix-up. This means that I'm actually pretty fluent in the damn language now. You gotta have the ear for a mistake like that.

But "conservatist" is unforgivable. DELETED!

So not only does this platform proclaim the party's intelligence on inherent merit, thus begging the question, but also implies that those on the left wing are by default uneducated and - even more notably - inarticulate. And though the former is just another example of unsupported claims, the latter is reckless and unfounded slander. i'm a decently left wing person, and in the least, i do know how to type.

This party's views be of seriously questionable merit. :o

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Blanco Meow
    i do know how to type.
    Capital I.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it's safe to say that I've spent more time educating people with poor grammar how to speak proper English than any of the leading members of this party.

<Doomgaze> I make no claims to be in the typing Gestapo.

Hmm. A true politician indeed. This party is foolish to think that they are better than any other party. Prejudiced politicians who act more like New Labour ministers than those of the Tory party.

EDIT: Citizen Bleys, if you honestly believe that you do not have three popular members of Eyes on Final Fantasy founding this party, then I may rest my case that the leader of this party needs a more intelligent member in charge. To suggest such things is a joke.

I see no left-wing parties within EoFF spending any money. You are unable to back this claim.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Bobbitize PG? What does bobbit even mean? Join my party, where I actually use english instead of words with no meaning

One generally conjugates the infinitive "to be."

"but also implies that those on the left wing are by default uneducated and - even more notably - inarticulate."

We call them as we see them.

BoB. I merely meant that grammar is my area of specialty, and not spelling your god-forsaken name. Going along with your intentional slaughtering of the rules of English pains me sometimes, you see.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The real question that none of these slackers seemed to have asked so far is:

Are you going to be as right-wing as New Labour because they have so kicked your arse over the last 4 years in that respect.

Also if you get rid of top-up fees I'll consider voting for you but probably won't as 98% of all Tories are liers anyway.
    FOA

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This sounds a bit like that shady bunch from World War II.

What were they called again?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

English has a few rules for which i have little respect, and the capitalized singular self-reflexive pronoun is one of them. i quit capitalizing it long ago, and i think i can otherwise display enough grammatical/syntactical ability to prove it an intentional decision rather than ignorance. Civil Disobedience! <3

EDIT:
    Originally posted by Doomgaze
    One generally conjugates the infinitive "to be."
    True, but that doesn't make it incorrect; it's merely a bit dated.

May i remind you all that you're engaging in ad hominem attacks - breaking down someone's character rather than their argument - which accomplishes little. Even the world's greatest fool can make a killer point.
    Last edited by Meow; 01-31-2004 at 08:26 PM.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Originally posted by Rainecloud
    This sounds a bit like that shady bunch from World War II.

What were they called again?
    i think it was "not-zee's" or something like that
    I'm back bitches!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would just like to note that my name has in fact not been forsaken by God, nor by a god.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Loony BoB
    EDIT: Citizen Bleys, if you honestly believe that you do not have three popular members of Eyes on Final Fantasy founding this party, then I may rest my case that the leader of this party needs a more intelligent member in charge. To suggest such things is a joke.
    Formerly popular. Which is why we have all of these fools jumping at the opportunity to try to bring us down a peg right now.

This thread is fun. i'd join the party out of amusement, but i don't know if any party would appreciate internal dissonance enough to admit folks of opposing ideologies.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
    Formerly popular. Which is why we have all of these fools jumping at the opportunity to try to bring us down a peg right now.
    Incorrect. Your party is just the first to offer something that's truely worth debating. Your policies are worse than any other policies I've seen in any other party thread. Clearly, you are the more vulnerable party.

I'd also like to add that I have a great job. I, for one, do not work at Wendy's.