Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Anime

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Sailor Moon is the only anime I've ever really cared for.

The sucky thing was DiC getting the rights to it.

That show had some kick ass villains like Demando and Fiore. I lost interest in the Cartoon Network version after they made Michiru and Haruka "cousins".

I'm just curious... Did they ever reach Stars? What would they have done about those three guys from Stars?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stars never got licensed, no. The newer musicals are far better than the anime anyway
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ranma1/2,FLCL,Cowboy Bebop,Blue Seed,Evagilation,Trigun.
    God Loves Variety

evangelion-
    whats up with the live action version anyway

inuyasha-
    much better subbed, they kidded it down in eng. its a bit too much like a soap opera though(Sesshoumaru yum)

magic knights rayearth-old, but RPGish anime, the manga is loads better though

I love Beyblade!
    Signature image filesize too large

It's all about Inuyasha for me. Both the manga and the anime. And YES, the only way I can stand watching and reading it is in Japanese. Whenever I hear the dub I want to gauge my eyes out.

That's why Shonen Sunday RULEX0rsS! :P

Turning the fantasy into SOME sort of reality... o_O

My fav would be Beyblade.
    Signature image filesize too large

Originally posted by eternalshiva
    I also just got into Full Metal Alchemist :/ but I haven't seen enough of it to go crazy yet.
    Oooo. *_* I am completely in love with that series. I'm a few episodes behind as I've had a busy month, but oi. So far it's the only thing running that I'm interested in. Al is so cute.

Hmm... for those that enjoy Ah! My Goddess, but don't keep up with anime news, you'll be interested to hear there will apparantly be a new OAV on the way, along with a series. (So I read on a message board, but either way I know for a fact we're getting more A!MG anime) Hopefully they pull it off!

I like Samurai X (my all time favorite), Naruto, Shaman King, Ranma 1/2 and Get Backers.
    Raiden

sailor moon (earlier episodes) and im a guy.. whatev it was such a sweet show when i was about 10. now its all about the kill bill anime sequence

Default Re: Re: Re: Favorite Anime

Originally posted by Reyn Though, what I don't understand, is how sooo many people can hate DBZ yet love Naruto. *tries to figure out how the two are different* Okay, so one has ugly art and animation, while the other has decent art and very nice animation... but they both follow the same annoying formula. x_x Oh well, whatever.
    Yeah, but the characters in Naruto are awesome, and even though they do tend to draw out fight scenes for too long, it's not as predictable as DBZ, nor does it take as long. It's a bit like DBZ, but done better, and the characterisation really can be incredible in it. IMO.

Favourites: Love Hina, Naruto, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Flame of Recca.

Eh.

G Gundam, Visions of Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star... A few others.

And for movies: Vampire Hunter D, without a doubt.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Lord Chainsaw
    Sailor Moon is the only anime I've ever really cared for.

The sucky thing was DiC getting the rights to it.

That show had some kick ass villains like Demando and Fiore. I lost interest in the Cartoon Network version after they made Michiru and Haruka "cousins".

I'm just curious... Did they ever reach Stars? What would they have done about those three guys from Stars?
    Do what I did. Get the fansubbed episodes, or the DVDs in the original Japanese version with English subtitles.

Michiru and Haruka are not so much "cousins" there. And I find the voice acting to be much less annoying.

Watch season five to find out about the Stars.

As to anime I like... I haven't seen much. I absolutely love Sailor Moon - in the Japanese version. The English bastardization annoys me.

In addition to SM, what have I seen? Trigun, FLCL... both are great. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away... good stuff.

Yeah, I need more anime. ;_;

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Adding to my list, I finally did see Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and it was pretty. I also saw a couple of episodes of Hellsing and I'm in love. And Love Hina! I like Love Hina.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fullmetal Alchemist is...SO incredibly awesome. Especially the manga, but the anime is beautiful, too. I could rant about the depth and verisimilitude for hours, but suffice it to say that the mythological and historical connections and the political commentary alone would be enough to keep me thoroughly entranced, even if it didn't have the lovely animation, excellent characters, and extremely above-par voice-acting and music. If you haven't already seen it, I can't recommend it enough.

I'm also a big fan of Chrno Crusade, Inuyasha, Scrapped Princess, and Hellsing, among others. Those are just current favorites that come to mind *^_^*
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D