View Poll Results: What happens to Kuja?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • He dies.

18 85.71%
  • He lives and returns to Terra.

1 4.76%
  • He goes to his desert palace and plots his revenge.

0 0%
  • He disappears without a trace, vowing to be good.

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuja (SPOILER)

Kuja (SPOILER)

My question is... what happens to Kuja at the end of FFIX? You see Zidane jumping down to help him, then everything goes black. The final FMV shows Zidane alive and well, but nothing about Kuja. Is this some sly plan by Square to produce a sequel? If so wouldn't it be great to actually play as Kuja? Thats what i think.
    "Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"

I think they just left it open to keep you wondering. Much of FFIX is a very open ended ending, like what happened to Vivi, or the planet(s) for that matter.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

The second choice is out of the question, since he destroyed Terra when he went into Trance mode, and that's mainly accurate since Mikoto said he destroyed it. And I'm not sure about the third choice, since he seemed to have a change of heart. I just had to get technical.

But my guess is that Zidane tried to get him out of the Iifa Tree, but died along the way.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

My vote was that he died during Zidane's attempt to save him from the Iifa Tree, otherwise he would have had a mention in the ending.

I think he died,as if to pay for his mistakes that he made and finnaly being able to let go must have been nice for him

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

Blog Entries

Since he, Mikoto and Zidane are the strongest genomes. They probably became Gaia's superheros, saving the world from any further baddies.

I think he died "on Zidane hands" in the Ifa Tree.

He survived and has come with Zidane, youm just don't see him 'cause he's afraid to show himself *awwww*
    Anmod deore haeleth
    Sar colian
    Feothan
    Feothan
    Breost frofur
    Hael Hlysthan

I would think hat he died. After a long battle with your own party characters. Plus he had a like incredible, super trance which would probably take a lot out of your own energy. So I would think that he couldnt get up and run out with Zidane. yet ya never know.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Yupp, you can never know...BTW, I did a fic with my answer to this topic
    http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1504728
    (shameless self-advertisment)
    It's a little crappy, though, but the sequel's better.
    Anmod deore haeleth
    Sar colian
    Feothan
    Feothan
    Breost frofur
    Hael Hlysthan

I voted that he died because it just made the most sense. He was an evil prick and got killed by mother nature. It works.

nothings fully evil.( man,that sounded lame). I believe he died because he chose to.He did great damage on both planets,he had killed many people,hurt a great many people and destroyed dreams of others.I think he knew his mistake and knew he'd now never be accepted anywhere,so he decided it best to die.

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

he died in the lifa tree

Logically, it's hard to believe that he died, since Zidane was protecting him, and would have taken the brunt of the tree's attack. If he survived, Kuja would too.

From a story-telling point of view, though, I'd say he died, as he was never seen again. Plus, he finally made peace with Zidane, and people tend to die at moments like that.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

If anything, he died in the Lifa tree. Didn't Garland say something like Kuja was going to die after zidane became more powerful?