Thread: Dumb question. Again.

Articles

Default Dumb question. Again.

Yeah, I know you're supposed to kill a whole smattering of enemies to make Vincent's Death Penalty stronger but. . . man, how many things are you supposed to kill? I don't want to be wastin' a whole lot of time, you know.

And for semi-related reference, how is the power for Limited Moon and Venus Gospel determined?

Blog Entries

I think it's worth wasting time killing stuff with Vincent to power up enemies. It doesn't take that long.

Both Limited Moon and Venus Gospel are powered by MP, I believe.

don't tease the octopus Nimrook's Avatar

I saw this formula on another site:

Damage = (Strength * 10) + (Level * 10) + (enemies killed)

But then the attack stat of every weapon is also added to strength, is it not? And the Death Penalty has a 99 Atk stat, so that gives you a good start.

I don't see how level really fits into the formula because your strength stat increases as you level up, but I'm not gonna dispute it because I hardly used Vincent myself and so the Death Penalty was pathetic for me.

It gave the example of Vincent at level 75 with a 62 Strength stat having killed 500 enemies should do ~2000HP damage per turn. So you'll need to get his strength up a bit, and you've got a LOT of enemies to kill if this actually is the right formula. If you've been using Vincent throughout the game then it shouldn't be too big a problem, but if not it could take a while. =\

i don't know where to get the Venus Gospel or the Parasol....X_X
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Venus Gospel is in Rocket Town. Talk to the man outside near the entrance to the rocket area three times and he will give it to you.

I think you win the Parasol in Gold Saucer where you are on the roller coaster shooting things (Speed Square?).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yes it is called the speed square, and do you know what kind of score or whatever you have to get on it? Because I have played it loads of times for fun and still nothing of value.

Blog Entries

I heard it was 5000. I've never gotton that much myself so I can't guarentee that I'm right.

ok thanks *retries when he can be bothered*

*goes off to get the Venus Gospel*

5000 POINTS!?!¿ *eyes pop open* i'll never get that far...
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx