Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hardest nes game you ever played?

Articles

Strider, if only because it's very confusing to figure out what you have to do from mission to mission. I could never get past Egypt.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Hahaha, Bionic Commando was such a great, yet, difficult game. Hardest NES game would have to be... I guess Megaman 2. I remember there being a lot of holographic floors whcih you could fall through and then die. Then there were those disappearing blocks that you'd have to jump onto.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Tetris. Who here has beaten level 19 on it?

Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
    Tetris. Who here has beaten level 19 on it?
    You wussy. I've gotten past lvl 100 before. Wussy little... wuss.

Blog Entries

Grin

Lies

Blog Entries

I got to lvl99999 its SOOOOOOOOO easy!

Knock off the spamming ~ Spatvark

I saw a vid of someone beating lvl 800 before...pretty nuts

no wait INSANELY nuts. heres a link to some of the speed vids (not uncluding the ones im attempting)

http://nes.greatstreamingvideo.com/
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Blog Entries

Grin

That tetris clip shows 800 "lines" or "pieces + lines", which I don't count as levels. If they were levels, the levels increases each time a piece came out, which makes no sense. The screen changed after every 100 'lines + pieces' which really confuses me.

Thanks for the link though

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I never could beat Ninja Gaiden. You get towards teh end of the game and you have to jump at the perfect time to avoid the other guy jumpig around over pits, then grab a wall, then attack and jump at the right time to avoid other flying projectiles, etc... That game drove me nuts because it was dificult not because of a smart AI, but because the patterns were set up with the enemies so you had to do exactly the right moves in the right areas to get by (although a lot of Nintendo games are like that).
    Figaro Castle

I pumped 100s of pounds into Defender in the arcades
    --Cal

Air Fortress. If anyone has played it the difficulty is "inhuman", or so magazines have said. There's one level where you cannot beat, well, I have yet to hear of anyone beating it, because of some bug where there isn't enough time given to get out of the level and back to your ship before the place explodes. I tried and tried and tried again and yet I cannot seem to beat it. Maybe the magazine was correct, maybe not...but it sure was hard.

I couldn't get past the boss Malth ( I think that's the name) in Ninja Gaiden. He is impossible. Also, any simpsons games, such as Bart Vs The Space Mutants. That game is insanely hard.

Ghosts and Goblins. :aimcry:

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Originally posted by Del Murder
    All Megaman bosses are easy if you have the right weapon. Has anyone ever tried beating all the Megaman bosses with just the regular shot? That would be something.
    Yes, I've done that. MegaMan 1-7 every boss regular Plasma buster with no charge shots. If you want a strategy for any boss, and if I can remember then just ask. I figured out an evil pattern for Clash man that I'll never forget.

Here's something interesting about MegaMan 2. That "expert" version they give you at the start screen is actually the normal japanese version. They figured it would be to hard for America so they dumbed it down and made an easier version and called it "normal" mode.

I would say Ghosts N Goblins is very difficult, but it is beatable. It just takes about a day of dedication to do it, since you have infinite continues. What pisses me off is that you have to beat the game twice to actually beat it.

Hardest NES game I'm going to have to say is Battletoads. If you've ever gotten anywhere near the fire level you'd understand why. And don't get me started on that rat race level. The limited continues don't help either. Probably the only NES game I can't beat even though I've set my mind to it.

You guys are all insane. The hardest NES game is Platoon, hands down. I don't care what you say about any other game. Platoon owns them all. Yes, you die in 1 hit like in Contra, yes, enemies spawn everywhere and jump on your head unfairly, yes, enemies are sometimes hidden by foreground objects and shoot you since you can't see them! And if you can get anywhere past 'You found the explosives!' you are the master. That being said, Friday the 13th is also the hardest game ever. If you can beat Jason, you are the god of the NES.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**