Thread: Best "All-Star" game

Default Best "All-Star" game

Okay, in a LJ topic inspired by David, I'll just list what "all-pro" game I think is best...starting with #1.

NBA - The NBA All-Star weekend is by far the best. Mainly because of the All-Star game and the slam dunk competition. With the slam dunk competition, you get variety and just an insane amount of athleticism. Score challenge or the HR derby...it's just the same every time. The All-Star game itself is highly entertaining because of the high-offense that the game carries. The tomahawks and alley oops are exciting to watch and the players simply have fun and typically show off...which is what the fans want them to do and which is why the fans voted them in(the starters at least).

NHL - It's a fun game to watch because the game is usually high scoring, like 10-9 or something. There's definitely more speed to this game than any other game that's played through the NHL(even the Stanley Cup finals).

NFL - The NFL Pro Bowl is a pretty lackadasical game to watch...but it's somewhat decent to watch at times. Though I generally tend to watch for a few segments and that's it.

MLB - Baseball has the luxury of being played in the summer...thus it doesn't have competition...which is why many sports fans dub summer as the "Dog days of summer." The HR derby is okay to watch...but that gets boring quick since all HRs look the same anyways. The game itself takes far too long to introduce it's players and it's so slow that it's hard to watch. It shouldn't even have to count for anything...but Bud being Bud...makes the game count for the WS...which is just stupid since it should be about a game that's suppose to be fun and without a lot of managing.

In 2005 there'll be a Best vs Rest of world cricket series series. That sould be good.

I dislike American sports, but NBA is good.

I like basketball, and hence insanely good basketball players playing other insanely good basketball players hits the spot perfectly.

Shame they don't show much of it on UK TV, just late night on one channel, and even then it's mostly just highlights.

Oh, and anything in Cricket we'll probably lose, though it's supposed to cycle, and we're due a big win in Cricket soon.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All Star games are all pretty much a joke to watch, regardless of the sport.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like the extra challenges besides the all star game, like slam dunk contest or home run derby. But yeah, the game itself is usually a joke.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Why is there high scoring in the NHL All-Star game when the goalies are supposed to be All-Stars?

Anyways...

I personally find the NBA All-Star game to be the best. Though I'm a huge baseball fan, I somehow find more interesting in the NBA All-Star game.

Second would be the MLB All-Star game. I mean, you have guys in there that already have hit 20-30+ Homeruns or somewhere along that line, and the game can change pretty quickly.

NHL All-Star game would be third. I'm not a fan of big scoring games. I'm really all about defense.

Then comes the Pro Bowl. I mean, it's played right after the Superbowl. What's the fun in that?
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Originally posted by PeTeRL90
    Why is there high scoring in the NHL All-Star game when the goalies are supposed to be All-Stars?
    I flipped through to see the score and thought the same thing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum